We've been having trouble when attempting to update our company email signature through the preferences pane in desktop version of Outlook; namely any linked images in the signature are being downloaded, processed and embedded as a file in outgoing emails. This is changed behaviour from previous versions of Outlook.
The two main issues with this are:
- The downloaded image is being re-processed by Outlook when pasted into the signature panel - this is the blocker
- The original image is retina optimised, the processed image is not. the result is a blurry image on everything but a standard resolution display
- Every email that is sent appears to have an attachment
- this makes it difficult to search 'with an attachment'
- updates become a manual process across every machine in the business
The above isn't an issue with the online version of Outlook, however as signatures aren't synced we can't work around this way. I've also tried looking for some kind of signature file we might update manually but haven't been able to find anything.
Any help would be very much appreciated.