Microsoft Outlook Please update your credentials emails

I am constantly receiving emails asking I update my credentials for my gmail account as Microsoft don't have permissions to get emails for my gmail account.  Last successful syn was on 01/01/0001.

As I no longer use Microsoft outlook for personal use as I have had apple products for the last 5+years I am unable and do not wish to update outlook.

How do I stop these constant emails requesting I update my details as this is becoming annoying and harassing.  I receive these emails daily.

I hav an email account that I have had for many years and has synced perfectly until recently.  It is synced, and works perfectly well with all of my Outlook accounts.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

You are receiving email bout this?

That looks like a Phishing attempt to me. Check where the link is pointing to. I wouldn't be surprised it it weren't google servers…

Corentin

I do *not* work for MS
Je ne travaille *pas* pour MS

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You are receiving email bout this?

That looks like a Phishing attempt to me. Check where the link is pointing to. I wouldn't be surprised it it weren't google servers…

Corentin

It doesnt provide a link and states that Microsoft doesnt email links.  Its about syncing my hotmail account to outlook

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How do I sync my gmail account?

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How do I sync my gmail account?

If you have Office 2016 with a site license or perpetual license, you can only sync through IMAP.

If you have the subscription version of Office, you can sync emails, contacts and calendar events for Gmail accounts. It's setup automatically usually, but if it's not already enabled, make sure Outlook is up to date and re-add the account in Outlook.

Corentin

I do *not* work for MS

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It doesnt provide a link and states that Microsoft doesnt email links.  Its about syncing my hotmail account to outlook

That's reassuring in a way…

What type of authentication do you use for Outlook.com/hotmail? Do you use 2-factor authentication?

I wonder whether the problem could go away if you re-added the Hotmail account in Outlook (to force the app to use the latest authentication methods).

Are you currently connecting through POP, IMAP or the auto-configuration in Outlook (which, from what I remember, could be based on WebServices).

Corentin

I do *not* work for MS

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That's reassuring in a way…

What type of authentication do you use for Outlook.com/hotmail? Do you use 2-factor authentication?

I wonder whether the problem could go away if you re-added the Hotmail account in Outlook (to force the app to use the latest authentication methods).

Are you currently connecting through POP, IMAP or the auto-configuration in Outlook (which, from what I remember, could be based on WebServices).

Corentin

Thanks for responding.  The problem is the constant notifications, not the fact that anything  needs doing.  The email address has been around for more than 15 years now. During this time it has been added to a succession of Computers/Laptop/Mobiles. It actually is in sync and work perfectly on 2 Laptops and a mobile.  For the record, authentication is via Outlook.  No 2 factor authentication.  Yes, it has already been deleted and reinstalled.  Maybe someone from Windows 10 can throw some light on this minor annoyance.

Thanks again.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My email account is gmail; I do not use Hotmail.  I am not familiar with two step authentication.

Michael

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I currently dont use outlook and do not have access to outlook to be able to sync my email address.  It would be wonderful if you could just put a stop to the notifications from Microsoft as I’m getting them nearly daily

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I currently dont use outlook and do not have access to outlook to be able to sync my email address.  It would be wonderful if you could just put a stop to the notifications from Microsoft as I’m getting them nearly daily

I'm super confused then…

You're in a forum for Office for Mac (the app). Since you're telling me you don't use Outlook, I suspect you posted in the wrong forum (and I see things in a very different angle now).

Re-reading your original post in a new angle, I suspect you have a Hotmail account that was set to check/download your Gmail emails. The authentication procedures on Gmail have since changed and Hotmail can no longer connect to get the emails.

You probably need to disable that feature in Hotmail (or find a way to get hotmail to properly authenticate).

Corentin

I do *not* work for MS

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 11, 2024 Views 5,707 Applies to: