Outlook not updating event information sent from google calendars

I am working with an internal Outlook/O365 user who is receiving calendar invites from external an Google calendar user. When my internal user receives an invite, an event is added to his calendar. If the Google calendar user updates/changes the event, a new invite is sent to my internal outlook user with the subject "Updated invitation: " 

My internal outlook user then sees two events on his calendar. One with the original invite information, and a duplicate event with the subject "Updated invitation: " added to it. I tried to re-create this behavior by sending myself an invite from google but was unable to recreate the issue. My own test results with the original invite being updated. Where my end-user is getting a duplicate invite with a different subject. 

Someone else at some-point had this same issue however a solution was never posted: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/outlook-calendar-not-updating-invitations-send/00b2fa14-d214-4f4b-8c9c-daf28f32ebc5

Would love to hear any suggestions/feedback. 

Hi Jeret,

Thanks for posting your concern here. Based on your description, I have tested on my side, and my outcome is the same as yours, there is only one updated invitation event in the attendee's calendar, this result is the expected behavior, for detailed screenshot, please follow below:

To figure out why your internal user has the duplicated invitation event in his calendar, I recommend you check whether this issue also appears in the related mail website(Since you mentioned you are using Office 365 account, you can check in Outlook Web App).

If the issue is related to Outlook client, I recommend you can use Support and recovery Assistant(SaRA) tool for Office 365 to diagnose and fix this issue, for detailed steps, please follow below:

1. Download SaRA and open it.

2. Select Outlook > I'm having problems with my calendar.

If the issue persists, please offer me more details for further analysis.

1. The screenshot of the duplicated invitation events.

2. If add the problematic account to another Outlook client, whether the issue also occurs.

3. The version of Outlook client. Click File > Office Account > About Outlook.

Best Regards,

Betty

------------

*Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

*Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

To figure out why your internal user has the duplicated invitation event in his calendar, I recommend you check whether this issue also appears in the related mail website(Since you mentioned you are using Office 365 account, you can check in Outlook Web App).

Hi Betty, thanks for reaching out. I did confirm with the user, that the duplicate events also shows up on his web-mail (outlook.office.com) and his phone. 

Not too sure why, but it seems the exchange box continues to create a new event instead of updating the original one.

I'll see if I can get the information you're asking for. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jeret,

Thanks for your feedback, please follow my suggestions above to troubleshoot the issue and let me know the related information at your convenience.

I am here to hear from you.

Best Regards,

Betty

------------

*Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Betty,

Is there a version of this application for Mac OS? I didn't see it on the link you sent. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jeret,

From the category of your thread, we understand the client is Outlook for Windows, so the test I tried is in Outlook for Windows. 

For your question, the anwser is YES, there is Outlook for Mac client in Mac device, you can download it just as what you do in Windows device.

For your reference: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/download-and-install-or-reinstall-office-365-or-office-2019-on-a-pc-or-mac-4414eaaf-0478-48be-9c42-23adc4716658

Best Regards,

Betty

------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jeret,

Do you have further concern?

Best Regards,

Betty

------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Betty, 

I understand there is outlook for Mac. My issue is taking place on a MacOS device, not a windows device. Is there a repair tool for the Mac version of outlook? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jeret,

Thanks for your feedback. Since the issue occurred in Outlook for Mac, I recommend you update the Outlook for Mac version to be latest for better using experience at first. Click Help > Check For Updates in the top menu.

In addition, since we have a dedicated in-app support team for Outlook for Mac, which has more experience on Outlook for Mac, if the issue still exists in Outlook for Mac after update, I recommend you contact this team for further assistance. The way to contact it: Click Help > Contact Support.  

For your reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_mac/new-contact-support-feature-in-outlook-2016-for/d4fc21c4-25e2-4e10-b943-1fba6542b517?tm=1522738128774

Your understanding and time is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Betty

------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 28, 2024 Views 5,526 Applies to: