So the most frustrating "feature" of Outlook is back with a vengeance!!!!
Account: Office 365 account, Corporate
Software: Outlook 2016 for mac 15.30 (170107)
Device: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, with touchbar) (processor 3.3 GHz Intel Core i7) (Memory 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3) (storage 1 TB Flash Storage) (SO MAXED OUT SPECS)
Network: (100 Mb broadband link, average download speed 95 Mbps, average upload speed 20 Mbps, number of users : 1 (me))
As you can see from the above specs, there is NO compromise on the specs of the infrastructure. However, the situation is this:
- I click on an email - spinning wheel
- I scroll on email list - spinning wheel
- I scroll on an email - spinning wheel
- I double click to open the email in a new window - spinning wheel
- I click on search box - spinning wheel
- I do ANYTHING on the outlook window - spinning wheel
The spinning wheel lasts about 5-20 seconds, but for someone who gets an average 200 emails a day, its like pulling out fingernails!!!
More details from activity monitor:
CPU USAGE by outlook ~ 3-6%
MEM USAGE ~270 MB
Disk usage ~5.5 GB
more than 80% of system resources are free overall
Things i have tried:
- New profiles 9deleted master profile, created new one, created multiple profiles,
- removed the .plist files
- re installed the outlook
- deleted and added the O365 account
- All permutations and combinations of the above, multiple times
OUTCOME- GUESS WHAT - SPINNING WHEEL!!!!!
if anyone can help here, I will be eternally grateful!!!