Office 2016-Mac Keychain Password Issue

Hi have updated from Entourage to Outlook 2011 to Outlook 2016. I have set up the 2016 account for connection to my provider, I am receiving emails into 2016 but I can't send any. I keep getting this message-'Microsoft Outlook wants to use you confidential information stored in 'mail. etc' in your keychain. To allow this, enter the "login" keychain password.'

I cannot find the correct password, I have searched and tried  everything I can about Mac keychain access but no luck.

Please help.

Answer
Answer

Hi Arti-chokes,

By default, the keychain password is the password that you use to login to the Mac computer. If you select “Always Allow” or “Allow” and enter the correct password but no effort, the keychain password may be the same as your previous login password.

If you forget the previous login password, you need reset your default keychain, resetting default keychain will delete all the passwords saved in the keychain, but should allow you to sync up. Following are detailed steps:

1. Click Go > Applications > Utilities to access Keychain Access app, then choose Keychain Access > Preferences in the top menu bar.

2. Click Reset My Default Keychain and new password for new keychain.

3. Choose Apple menu > Log Out. When you login again, save the current password in a keychain.

If you still have further concern, since we have a dedicated in-app support team for Outlook for Mac, I recommend you can redirect to it for further support. Just need click Help > Contact Support in the top menu bar. For your reference: New Contact Support feature in Outlook 2016 for Mac.

Thanks for your posting and understanding.

Best Regards,

Betty

------------

*Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

*Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 6, 2023 Views 24,296 Applies to: