MAC 365 Outlook Bullets turning into question marks

Hi,

I have a strange issue with my bosses MACs, he has a MAC in the office and a MAC at home, they are both running the same version of Office 365.

He has tasks and emails in his outlook that have bulleted lists turning into question marks, he can't pin point when or why this is happening.

I have investigated the HTML that is being generated in the emails and there is a line of code which says:

mso-level-text:?;

when i change this to:

mso-level-text:\F0B7;

I get my bullet back. 

I can't figure out what is causing this, we are running Exchange 2013, but i think the more likely culprite is Word.

Any help would be appreciated.

Answer
Answer

Hi Tom,

For faster response on your issue, please use Contact Support on the Help menu in Outlook for Mac. If you have updated to the latest version, this option should be already available to you. For details, please refer to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_mac/new-contact-support-feature-in-outlook-2016-for/d4fc21c4-25e2-4e10-b943-1fba6542b517

Best Regards,

Alison

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

I have Mac OS Sierra with Outlook version 15.37. When creating Outlook meetings, I often use bullets to list agenda items in the body of the invitation like this:

Agenda:

• Foo
  • Bar
  • Fiff
  • Boo

These agenda items turned into this:

? Foo

? Bar

? Fiff

? Boo

I was able to resolve my issue by changing the character set used for new messages to Unicode UTF-8. This resolved my issue.

Go to Preferences --> Composing, change the encoding at the bottom of the pane.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2024 Views 2,319 Applies to: