Disappearing tasks in outlook for mac

Hi

I am running version 15.41 (171205) of Outlook on Mac High Sierra 10.13.2, and have disappearing outlook tasks. Some of them seem to appear but when you edit them they disappear.

Any newly created tasks due today appear briefly and then disappear

Tasks due in the past / overdue appear but if you edit they disappear

[screenshot removed]

New tasks due in the future seem to be able to be created ok

Tasks that already existed and were due in the future have disappeared.

I have tried pasting an old version of the tasks folder saved through time machine, but the problem is the same.

I also have several blank tasks (which have categories) which I can't edit - these may correspond to some tasks due in the future.

See screenshot below:

Answer
Answer

For all those having this or similar issues, I later experienced the issue in a different way - with tasks disappearing completely (rather than being partially invisible or missing data).

It was then solved through in-app support in the following way:

We have a new search tool available. Please refer to the "OutlookSearchRepair" section in the following link to fix this issue:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/office_for_mac_support_team_blog/2017/08/10/mac-outlook-support-utilities/

You'll need to download the file and then follow the instructions mentioned in the article to fix the issue. 

Once it's done, restart Outlook and check if it helps in showing the tasks fine. Since tasks display is based on Spotlight.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 6, 2023 Views 1,552 Applies to: