Subscribing to Internet Calendar

I have Outlook for Mac Version 15.33. We recently migrated our entire office to Exchange. I am a long time iCal user and am trying to learn how to assimilate to the new norm as an Outlook user. I am attempting to subscribe to an internet calendar, of which I have six that we use regularly for work. There does not seem to be any ability within the application to subscribe to an internet calendar. I have searched the web and found many similiar queries which all end with the notion that it is not possible.

I made an assumption that a work around would be to log in to Office 365 and add the subscription there, which should sync with my application on my computer. I did the following:

-Right click on Other Calenders

-Select Open Calendar

-Pasted link in Internet Calendar

-Clicked Open Calendar

The calendar items appear for less than 5 seconds and then disappear never to return. This is only happening with one of the calendars coming from a service with booker.com. I have successfully added this calendar to iCal and Google, but it does not seem to be functioning with Outlook. Any help would be appreciated.

We also use Basecamp which has an Outlook button for subscribing to calendars. When you click it, Outlook opens and nothing happens. I was able to copy the internet calendar link and add it to 365. It then showed up on my Outlook for Mac calendar. Bit of a work around, but still not able to figure out the one calendar from booker.com service.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi R. Austin Barrow,

According to your description, you should use the Outlook Web App (OWA) to open the internet calendar. First of all, please confirm whether this internet calendar use iCalendar format and the .ics file name extension.

Whether other users can add this calendar link from booker.com? Please try checking it with other users' Office 365 account in your organization. Meanwhile, whether all of  the internet calendar link from booker.com can't be add to the OWA or specific one?

Also, please provide us a test internet calendar link for from Booker.com to test on our side if possible. For privacy concern, I have sent you a Private Message to collect it. You can open your community profile and then click View private message to access it.

Regards,

Rudy

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi R. Austin Barrow,

If you need further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Vanessa

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 24, 2021 Views 9,109 Applies to: