Outlook for mac 2016 Turn off the SEND shortcut

Has anyone had success changing the fn+command+enter shortcut to send emails?  I must have sent 5 emails prematurely this week. This is driving me absolutely nuts and I hope someone in this community can help.  

I have changed the mac keyboard settings and added a very difficult shortcut for the "send" feature.  I restart the app and Outlook will recognize the new shortcut, which is a great first step to thinking you fixed this issue.   But, if you go ahead use the original fn+command+enter key, your email will still send!   

v.15.32

Answer
Answer

We were having the same trouble and found the solution on Stack Exchange: 

Go to System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Keyboard shortcuts -> App Shortcuts. Now add Outlook to the list and make sure that "Menu title" states "Send". After that choose whatever cryptic shortcut you are sure you will never accidentally hit.

We quit Outlook and relaunched, and Command+Enter no long sends. 

42 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hi jinle_5454,

Thanks for clarifying the situation.

I can now reproduce the same behavior as you in the Outlook 2016 for Mac client. After doing some research and consulting, it’s not feasible to disable the Command + Enter (Actually, you don’t need to press fn based on my test.) keyboard shortcut to send emails in Outlook 2016 for Mac. (Command + Return can be adjusted using the method above, but not Command + Enter.) Thanks for your understanding.

Moreover, you are welcome to submit feedback via this link:
https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

Thanks,
Sam

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 10,048 Applies to: