Outlook for Mac 2016 not available in Finder "share" menu

I am using Outlook for Mac 2016 v 15.19.1 on OSX El Capitan 10.11.3.

From Finder I right-click on a file (any file) and choose "share".  The options do not include Outlook/Mail.  If I go to System Preferences and look at Extensions...Share Menu I see Outlook checked.

From Finder

From System Preferences

I have checked the web at large and this appears to be a long lived issue with some less-than-ideal workarounds.

Why is Outlook not showing in the share menu?

Thanks,

Steve

Reply In reply to deleted message
I had recently had to completely wipe my laptop and re-install the OSX and all apps and the problem still exists.  I have other teammates on OSX and they have the same issue. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Arshad's answer is so out of whack I reported it as a terms of service violation. Uninstalling and reinstalling is A LOT of work, and will do absolutely nothing to address the question you asked.

In order for an application to turn up in the Share options list the developer must make a plug-in. Microsoft has made a plug-in for OneNote, but not Outlook. You control which plug-ins show up in the Share menu. See your own screen shot and choose More...

In the resulting dialog, in the left panel choose Share Menu and then on the right you can check or uncheck which plug-ins you want to have populating your Share right-click menu.

Microsoft has the request to make an Outlook plug-in for the Share menu under review. You can add your vote in support of the proposed feature here:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/9392652-add-outlook-to-share-menu-extensions

Be sure to include the version number and OS version when asking your question.

89 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 8, 2024 Views 16,368 Applies to: