Outlook calendar 'changes' appointment into a meeting after editing.

Outlook Calendar in MS Office Professional Plus 2016 (version 1803). Hello, this problem has just started (Friday 20/4) ... If I click and drag an appointment (diary entry) to move it on iPhone in iOS Mail app, it turns the appointment into a meeting and wants to send attendees an email. I'm the only attendee as I created what is basically a diary entry (appointment). So I get notifications that a 'meeting' has changed AND I get an email. It's crazy. It's all ok when I use the Office Outlook app on PC so it could be an issue with iOS??? It syncs all the appointments back to Outlook as meetings so I have to clear notifications and emails on PC and iPhone. Please help me to fix this as it's very annoying. Thank you very much....

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello AJDempsey,

According to your description, you are using the built-in mail application on iPhone. For a better user experience, we recommend that you use Outlook for IOS application and check if the problem can be solved.

About the scenario you mentioned, we appreciated that you can give us some detailed steps so that we can try to reproduce this issue on our side and help you find the root cause.

Your cooperation is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Barry

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello AJDempsey,

According to your description, you are using the built-in mail application on iPhone. For a better user experience, we recommend that you use Outlook for IOS application and check if the problem can be solved.

About the scenario you mentioned, we appreciated that you can give us some detailed steps so that we can try to reproduce this issue on our side and help you find the root cause.

Your cooperation is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Barry

Barry, Thank you for your reply ... I have re-installed my outlook.com account into the iOS Calendar/Mail/Contacts apps but still have the same problem:

1. The MS Office Outlook app works fine on my PC but records the problems detailed below when syncing back from the iPhone Calendar app....

2. I use the calendar pretty much for personal and family use and never for meetings and I have had this problem with the odd entry in the past but it has never persisted like this.

3. If I create or edit/click & drag/move an appointment on my phone then the appointment 'turns into' a meeting both on the phone and PC.

4. If I double click on the entry a new window opens and at the top after the title there is a dash and then the word 'Meeting' - this shows as an email format as it wants to send an email to the 'attendees' (ME!!) about a change/cancellation. Normally when I have set up an appointment in the normal manner -  the word 'Appointment' appears after the title in the new window which can be dealt with & then you can 'Save & Close'

5. So to delete an entry (that has 'turned' from an appointment to a meeting) I have to 'send' an email to myself and get notifications on both Outlook PC app and iPhone!

6. I have sent a similar query request to Apple.

Thank you for your help Barry - I shall let you know if I get a solution from Apple as it can be shared with other Outlook users with the same issue. Let me know if you need more information. Thanks again

Regards, AJ Dempsey

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi AJ Dempsey,

Very thanks for your updates.

Since this problem still persists after you switch to Outlook for Mobile app, we recommend that you can also seek help from our Outlook for Mobile in-app support.

Meanwhile, we are highly appreciated that you share us any updates in the thread. Other users who encounter the same problem will benefit from your sharing.

Best Regards,

Barry

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi AJ Dempsey,

Very thanks for your updates.

Since this problem still persists after you switch to Outlook for Mobile app, we recommend that you can also seek help from our Outlook for Mobile in-app support.

Meanwhile, we are highly appreciated that you share us any updates in the thread. Other users who encounter the same problem will benefit from your sharing.

Best Regards,

Barry

Barry, I don't use the Outlook for Mobile app (only the Outlook for PC app). On my phone I use the iPhone iOS in-built Calendar app. Thank you....

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello AJDempsey,

Sorry for my misunderstanding. You can try using Outlook for IOS to check if it helps. We will keep monitor this thread and wait for your updates. 

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Barry

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello AJDempsey,

Sorry for my misunderstanding. You can try using Outlook for IOS to check if it helps. We will keep monitor this thread and wait for your updates. 

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Barry

Hello Barry, I have installed the Outlook for iOS app. I have a few 'events' that appear to be 'appointments' Most appear to be 'meetings', which means that I cannot edit them within the app. In a 'meeting' my email address/Outlook account is shown twice in a list; as 'organiser' AND 'attendee'. The 'attendee' address is my Microsoft account complete with photo and leads to my contact page. The 'organiser' address has this attached to it: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***/o=first organization/ou=exchange administration group(fydibohf23spdlt)/cn=recipients/cn=0006000083ea0f2f'. 

It looks like there has become a confusion / conflict between my address as sender and recipient??? 

Again, this started last Friday but I ONLY EVER use 'New Appointment' and NEVER 'New Meeting'. So why is this happening??? Please help..... Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi AJDempsey,

As you mentioned, the appointment you created is convert to a Skype for Business meeting when you edit it in the default mail app on your iPhone.

To find the root cause, please try creating a new appointment in Outlook for IOS application and see if the problem will persists. Also, please give us a screenshot of the appointment interface on your iPhone for analysis.

Thank you.

Barry

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi AJDempsey,

As you mentioned, the appointment you created is convert to a Skype for Business meeting when you edit it in the default mail app on your iPhone.

To find the root cause, please try creating a new appointment in Outlook for IOS application and see if the problem will persists. Also, please give us a screenshot of the appointment interface on your iPhone for analysis.

Thank you.

Barry

Barry, thanks for getting back to me.... this is the details page of what was created as an ‘appointment’ on PC ... as you can see, it has turned into a ‘meeting’ and can’t be edited in the Outlook for iOS app (it can be edited in the Calendar iOS in-built app)

The below is a test diary entry with no people nomiated on the ‘People’ tab. 

This does seem to still be an appointment so it does appear that there is s conflict between my Skype address and email address????

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi AJDempsey,

Thank you.

Barry

Barry, thanks for getting back to me.... this is the details page of what was created as an ‘appointment’ on PC ... as you can see, it has turned into a ‘meeting’ and can’t be edited in the Outlook for iOS app (it can be edited in the Calendar iOS in-built app)

The below is a test diary entry with no people nomiated on the ‘People’ tab. 

This does seem to still be an appointment so it does appear that there is s conflict between my Skype address and email address????

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can’r see if the screenshos are staying in the answer field

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 14, 2021 Views 1,383 Applies to: