Unable to log in: Please check your email address and password and try again

I am running IOS12.4.6 on my iphone.

I have successfully been using Outlook IOS to access my domain email addresses by manually adding them. Due to my ISP updating, the mail server address for IMAP and SMTP were changed. The update worked fine on outlook 365 client. However, I am unable to log in with IOS Outlook.

I have attempted using both the mail server address as per my domain name and also attempted to use the ISP server address. Both of which work fine on outlook 365 client.

I have used the mail server address with and without :993 and :465 or 587 port reference added on and no difference.

I have rechecked the password as well as copy and pasting to the outlook client. Suffice to say all the info i am using on IOS outlook works fine on outlook client 365 but not on IOS.

I noted in a separate post that it may have something to do with SSL being on for the domain but it worked fine before changing servers. Also i note that some have uninstalled and reinstalled the app to clear cache but that does not seem to consistently work.

It is not possible to get support from Microsoft under my 365 contract as i just get redirected to the in app support.

i don't want to uninstall and reinstall if possible as it means i guess i will lose the support ticket/info currently on the app.

I have been using outlook for many years on the basis it comes with phone and online chat support. i find the IOS App falls short of this. it is just a text support when a support person gets round to it. When i challenged the time it took and the responses the support person advised that ios app was separate from Microsoft and was free. My view is, if it is separate then it should not be called Outlook and maybe about time Outlook created an IOS app that is more integrated with Outlook globally.

Hi DavidH07,

We appreciate you raising this concern to our attention. We understand that you're having trouble logging in your email account in Outlook for iOS and you're being redirected to In-App Support when you try contacting Office 365 Support.

However, just to verify, are you able to reach out the Outlook In-App Support team for assistance? They can also provide in-depth support and help you fix this concern. 

We also understand that you're hesitant to uninstall and reinstall the app, however, it could help refresh and fix issue on your end. 

We've sent a Private Message to your profile additional information that we need for this case.

We'll wait for your response.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

'Hi DavidH07,

We appreciate you raising this concern to our attention. We understand that you're having trouble logging in your email account in Outlook for iOS and you're being redirected to In-App Support when you try contacting Office 365 Support.

However, just to verify, are you able to reach out the Outlook In-App Support team for assistance? They can also provide in-depth support and help you fix this concern. 

We also understand that you're hesitant to uninstall and reinstall the app, however, it could help refresh and fix issue on your end. 

We've sent a Private Message to your profile additional information that we need for this case.'

Hi Jomel Ber,

Thank you for your response. i have replied to your PM confirming that reinstallation did resolve the issue.

Regarding contacting support in app. i stopped receiving responses to my messages and screenshots after support requested it. My initial response from support was Wed 20 May, the same day I requested it. I responded to support request info on Thur 21 May and have still not heard back from them Sat 23 May.

This is a problem when support is based on texts rather than chats or voice calls.

Thanks

David

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Glad to know that uninstalling and reinstalling the app fixed the issue. We understand. Thank you for the feedback, David. We'll make sure that this will be documented and this will help us improve our products and services.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 28, 2024 Views 3,073 Applies to: