Office lens token error

When i try to export an image to pdf, i receive the following error: the user credentials are needed to obtain access token. Please call the non silent acquiretokenwithresource methods. Any suggestions?

i am on an iphone 6 which i have just upgraded to ios 11. I am able to access my onedrive files from my phone.

Ian

Moved From: OneDrive / Working with files and folders on OneDrive / Adding and removing files and folders / OneDrive App for iPhone / iPad (iOS)

Answer
Answer

Hello All,

SOLUTION BELOW (iOS 11.2)

I tried many times to get this to work and nothing was helping.  I played wit reinstalling the apps, deleting my company portal app, everything, and it all failed to fix the problem.  I thought I would have to switch to a new app but then I found the problem buried in the settings.  The app needed to re-qualify it's credentials, but some settings stored in the iPhone wouldn't let it.  Here's how to fix it: 

You most likely have OneDrive installed on your phone, and this solution assumes you do.

1. Open settings

2. Scroll down to "OneDrive" and tap to open the settings

3. Toggle the switch labeled "Clear Account Settings"

4. Close all associate OneDrive connected apps, including Office Lens.

5. When you reopen Office Lens, sign back into your OneDrive account within the app

You should now be able to upload PDFs direct to OneDrive again.

20 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

UPDATE 2:  I did not realize that my accounts had automatically signed back in to Office Lens when I reset my phone.  I signed out of all of my accounts - both work and personal.  Closed Office Lens; reopened it and signed in again to 2 of my accounts and so far they work just fine.  I have no idea why that changed anything.  All of the exports work.  

iPhone SE

iOS 11.1

14 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2020 Views 4,963 Applies to: