Disable Office (on line) ... Ctrl+Shift+Alt+Win ... Shortcut - Permanently

This is unbelievable, why would MS ever think creating a shortcut using just modifiers was a good idea?

Next they'll use the shift key modifier to start something they want to promote.

I use Auto Hotkeys, so now several dozen of my hotkeys, all the ones that start with the Ctrl+Shift+Alt+Win modifier, still start my programs but then the annoying Office splash screen appears and takes window focus away from what Auto Hotkeys was doing!  To make matters worse, the splash screen doesn't start right away, to use my programs I have to have them wait for the Office screen to appear, then close it, then continue the script!

How do I permanently stop Office from using the Ctrl+Shift+Alt+Win modifier key as a shortcut?

===============================================================

I only used Office (online) because Word won't allow you to use another word doc when you have the options window open, so I used the online word to save the options screenshots.

This is so annoying I'm considering removing Office altogether.

Moved From: Install, upgrade and activate / Windows 10 / Office Online

This is exceptionally annoying. Every time I bring my mouse out of VMWare it keeps opening this Office app. I do not want it... I have tried everything I can think of, even using powershell commands to uninstall office and yet, it goes from the start menu right until I press the shortcut and it magically reappears. I am sick of this.

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry to hear you are having a similar problem, no one from Microsoft has responded and most like won't.

You or a program may be sending... ctrl + alt + shift + windows key  (these keys are normally modifier keys) but now together they open the office online window and reinstall office online in the background !!!

Who ever decided to use modifier keys to start office online is an IDIOT.

Who ever decided to automatically reinstall office online in the background is also an IDIOT.

I have office 2019 and do not use office online, but I can find no easy way to get rid of it permanently.

Try is this first... go to window's settings > apps > search for "office" > to remove it... click it > click uninstall > restart your computer and see if that solves the problem (I doubt it will).

Note, I had 2 programs... Office (which I never knowingly installed) and Office 2019.  I have uninstalled Office but not Office 2019.

The above got rid of Office online until I pressed... ctrl + alt + shift + windows key, which reopened Office online window and reinstalled itself without asking.

I have a work around that stops Office online from opening and reinstalling itself.

Basically the short script below intercepts... ctrl + alt + shift + windows key , which starts and re installs Office online.  It then ignores those keys (so Office online does not open or reinstall itself) but allows all of those keys to correctly work as modifier keys.

The script below requires AutoHotKey, a free program I would highly recommend, download it from...  www.autohotkey.com 

Install It > Open Notepad > Copy the following to your clipboard

#^!Shift::

#^+Alt::

#!+Ctrl::

^!+LWin::

^!+RWin::

Send {Blind}{vk07}

return

> paste the above text into notepad > save the file with a  ".ahk" extension in your window's startup folder, mine is in... C:\Users\jwmic\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup (change jwmic to your user name) > restart your computer.

Now when you start your computer AutoHotkey will intercept those keys and NOT open office online and NOT reinstall it.

The script will run all the time in the background.

Good Luck

38 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 26, 2024 Views 4,797 Applies to: