The current webpage is trying to open a site in your trusted sites list. Do you want to allow this?

I am receiving the below Security Warning while working in Outlook, Excel and Word. It pops up non stop while I am working. Please help! 

The current webpage is trying to open a site in your trusted sites list. Do you want to allow this?

Current site: https://login.windows.net

Trusted site: https://login.microsoftonline.com

Hi Krystan,

These two URLs are the login page of Office 365 portal. You may follow the steps below to check the outcome:
a.Open IE browser.
b.Click the Tool gear>Internet Options.
c.Click Security tab>Trusted sites>Custom levels.
d.Find "Websites in less privileged web content zone can navigate into this zone" section, change the setting from Enable to Disable.

If the issue persists, to better understand the situation, I'd like to confirm the following things:
1.With which operation do you get this pop-up? Can you share with us the detailed steps before this pop-up appear?  
2.Open one of the Office applications>File>Account>capture a screenshot of Product Information.
3.Is this your personal computer or a domain joined computer in your office?

Best regards,
Tim

35 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Tim,

I have tried changing my setting in the Internet Options, and I'm still receiving the error message.

The pop up appears when opening Excel, Word or Outlook and forget trying to work in the programs. It will pop up 5 times before I even get a chance to say yes or no.

Here is my product information.

This is a domain joined computer in my office.

I really appreciate your help!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Krystan,

Please add the current site (https://login.windows.net) to the Trusted Sites of Internet Explorer. Click Gear icon > Internet Options > Security > Trusted sites > Sites. Then enable the above option (Websites in less privileged web content zone can navigate into this zone) to check the outcome.

Meanwhile, you can try to enable the Enable Display mixed content option when customizing level of Trusted site.

Regards,
Jiaxing Bian

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jiaxing,

I added the website to Trusted Sites in IE, but it will not allow me to enable (Websites in less privileged web content zone can navigate into this zone) or (Display mixed content) within the Trusted Sites Custom Levels. I can only change these setting in the Internet Custom Levels. See below.

Trusted Sites Custom Levels.

Internet Custom Levels.

I am still getting the pop up non stop.

I really appreciate your help!

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Krystan,

You can firstly follow the steps in this article to reset IE settings. And then check if Websites in less privileged web content zone can navigate into this zone is set to Enable in Trust Sites>Custom level (Trust Sites Zone) . If yes, open Office applications to check the outcome.

If after resetting, the option is still Prompt. You need to contact your IT to use the computer account which has admin permission to set Websites in less privileged web content zone can navigate into this zone to Enable in Trust Sites Zone and add https://login.windows.net to Trust sites list (Tool gear>Internet Options>Security>Trust Sites>Sites>enter the URL and unselect the check box of Require server verification for all sites in this zone>Add>Close). After configuration, see if there are some improvements.

If the issue persists, I'd like to confirm the following things:
1.Do you use Office 2013 or Office 2016?
2.Do other computers in your office have the same issue?
3.Do Office applications work well after clicking Yes five times?

Best regards,
Tim

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Krystan,

Are there any updates? Can Office appliations open properly now?

Regards,

Tim

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Tim,

I apologize. I have been swamped. No, my Office applications are still not running properly. 

I did reset my IE settings and I'm still getting the pop up. Then, I completed this step: Websites in less privileged web content zone can navigate into this zone is set to Enable in Trust Sites>Custom level (Trust Sites Zone). The setting is still grayed out and will not allow me to set to Enable.

I am working with our IT to get the below step completed. I will let you know the outcome.

*If after resetting, the option is still Prompt. You need to contact your IT to use the computer account which has admin permission to set Websites in less privileged web content zone can navigate into this zone to Enable in Trust Sites Zone and add https://login.windows.net to Trust sites list (Tool gear>Internet Options>Security>Trust Sites>Sites>enter the URL and unselect the check box of Require server verification for all sites in this zone>Add>Close). After configuration, see if there are some improvements.*

As I am typing this up below is what is popping up on my screens. I have dual monitors. I have Firefox on one screen and Outlook on the other.

Firefox Window.

Outlook Window.

The white box in Outlook eventually opens and prompts me to login into OneDrive. Once I enter my login information it tells me someone with that login account is already logged it, then it disappears.

As for you questions, see below.

1.Do you use Office 2013 or Office 2016? *2016
2.Do other computers in your office have the same issue? *According to IT, we have (3) other computers doing the samething.
3.Do Office applications work well after clicking Yes five times? *For about 5 mins, then the pop up comes back. This goes on and on.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Krystan,

Are there any updates? After your IT configure the settings, do you still get the pop-up?

If the issue persists, I'd like to collect the following information:
1.By "the white box in Outlook eventually opens and prompts me to login into OneDrive", can you provide us with the detailed pop-up?
2.Your account information. I have sent you a private message to collect the information. You can find the message via the URL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/privatemessages/list.
3.Does the issue occur when open both Firefox and Outlook? Do you open some URL related to Office 365 in Firefox?
4.Which OneDrive sync client are you using?

Best regards,
Tim

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 46,015 Applies to: