Microsoft office upload center

Hello Everyone!

So, I'm sure this issue exists, but I'm not sure what MS has done about it and I can't find a solution. MSO upload center appears to be thrashing. It runs, then seems to crash. Over and over. There are dozens of icons that pile up in the taskbar. I mean tons.

This is after mousing over at least 50 to get them to disappear. Once I'm down to one, it disappears then reopens. Over and over again. I've already reinstalled office. I've checked the run key for the user and there's no DWORD there for the program. I can't find a way to disable it. Renaming the file stops all office programs from operating. I can't end the process even because it keeps rerunning itself. I'm stuck! 

This is kind of a disaster, because it's essentially making my computer unusable as soon as onedrive starts, but I use onedrive, so disabling that is not an option. I'm looking forward to seeing how you all think I can fix this!

Answer
Answer
Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query. 

If you want to just remove the icon from the system tray you can follow the below procedure:

The option to remove the icon from the system tray is in the Upload Center settings. You just need to uncheck the “Display icon in notification area” checkbox and the icon will be removed. 

If you want to disable Office upload center, you may refer to the below link which discusses about similar issue and check if it helps.
Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.  

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 13 Applies to: