How Do I Renew Office 365 Military

I purchased Office 365 (military discount) and am coming up on renewal but Microsoft is only showing a full-price renewal.  How do I renew at the discount rate?
|
Answer
Answer

Yes, that is MS marketing at it's best. They are more than willing to sell you their products at full list price at any time.

AFIK there is no way to "auto renew" at the discounted price. Turn that option OFF!

The only way I know of is to go back to the PX and buy a discounted product key card there. Then you can submit the key to MS for activation to extend your subscription. You can actually "stack" up to 5 activations at a time for a 5 year subscription span.

But there is a trick you can use. Buy the key, have it handy, but let the subscription expire. I've been told that in some cases there is a "grace period" that can last for weeks before it goes into "limited function mode".  At that point you submit the (discounted) key you already for activation to get full function back.  (In other words, although it can be done, it is not to your advantage to stack subscriptions.)

Take a look at this wiki:

I Need Office, What Should I Get: Pros vs Cons – WIKI – buy Office - “Free” Office

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/wiki/msoffice_install-mso_other/i-need-office-what-should-i-get-pros-vs-cons/2e75ea21-f8d0-4cde-9764-13b02cde46a7?tm=1478718433145

I have 2 sections on military discount programs, starting with: "Military Appreciation Edition, MAE"

Also look at the following sections, further down in the wiki:

2018 01 03- Office 365 money saving roundup

2018 01 02- Microsoft’s annual laziness tax on you – Auto-Renewals

2018 01 02- Really stretch your Office 365 Home or Personal plan – Delay Renew

2016 11 22- Your Office 365 about to end? Here’s how to save and get an extra month – free! - Automatic Renewals trap – and how to take advantage of MS.

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
I was reading a book on helium.
I couldn’t put it down.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Sounds good, James.

I'd at least contact Office Support to see if they'll renew you at the discount you're entitled to for serving our country.

You shouldn't have to start over as there might be hurdles for that too.

Keep me posted on what happens.

Let us know if there's anything else.

If not then you can mark the post which helped most as the Answer, to help others. A rating is also appreciated.

Windows MVP 2010-20

Millions helped via my tutorials and personally in forums for 12 years. Now an Independent Advisor.

I do not quit for those who are polite and cooperative.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 26, 2021 Views 604 Applies to: