Credit goes to Microsoft Support Group forum
Symptom of error:
Error message pops up "office subscription licensing exception error code 0x5"
System Performance becomes slow/sluggish.
Programs hangs from time to time.
Step 1: Check System for Corruption:
Check System Integrity
1) Press Windows + R
2) Type cmd and Press Enter.
3) Type "sfc/scannow" and press enter.
Note: If you are logged in as Normal user you may be asked to
Step 2: Update to latest Windows KB
1) To check for Windows Updates (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10):
2) Click the Start button.
3) Type "update" into the search box and hit ENTER.
4) The Windows Update dialog box will appear.
5) If updates are available, click the Install Updates button.
Step 3: Clean up Junk Files
1) Press Win + R
2) Type "Cleanmgr" and Press Enter.
3) Select the OS Drive and Press ok.
4) Finally Click on Clean up System Files
In most cases office subscription licensing exception error code 0x5 error should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please, get your system checked by an expert.
27 people were helped by this reply
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.
How satisfied are you with this response?
Thanks for your feedback.
Last updated September 15, 2020