Q: ASP Error: ADODB.Connection error '800a0e7a' Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed. Also error code 126 in ODBC connection. This thread is locked from future replies

I recently moved to a new computer with Windows 7.  I have IIS running as a development environmental, and am trying to connect to a small Access database.  This was all working properly in Windows XP.  Now when I try to connect to the database, I get the above error message.  I am using the 64-bit version of Windows.

The connection string I am using is "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" & server.mappath("/database/photos.mdb").  I think that possibly I may need to access an updated driver, but haven't been able to locate the correct connection syntax.

Also, though, if I try to set up the database as an ODBC data source, I get the following error: 
The setup routines for the Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb) ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 126:  The specificed module could not be found (C:\WINDOWS\System32\odbcjt32.dll).

ODBCJT32.dll (and ACEODBC.dll) are present on the system, but are not in the folder referenced.  I do not see any mechnism for getting the system to look in another folder.

Never mind.  I found the answer on another forum.  "Enable 32-bit applications" needs to be enabled in the connection pool for the website, within IIS Manager 7.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 27,183 Last updated: March 14, 2018 Applies to: