Entourage 2008 -18500 error when connecting to Exchange Server 2007

Hello All,

My boss has been using Office 2008 for a few years now. We've had a few issues from time to time but usually we can troubleshoot them. Entourage just stopped working two days ago and so far I haven't been able to figure out why. My boss said he ran some OS X updates; he's on 10.6.8. Other than that, nothing that I know of has changed in our environment. His account is well under our company limits and the demo of Office 2011 works just fine with his account. I've tried compacting his database, rebuilding his database and starting from scratch. I checked the logs in the Console on his Mac and the Event Viewer on the server. There are some messages in the Console about the use of X509Anchors but I think those are mostly harmless. The server logs are clean for the most part; however, there are three 10028 errors that showed up yesterday (about a day after Entourage stopped syncing with the server). I can't find any additional information about those errors.

I'd really appreciate any help or insight that can be provided.

Thanks,

Alex

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2018 Views 1,135 Applies to:
Answer
Dianeoforegon,

Yes, I tried creating a new Identity but received the same error. I had to removed and reinstall Office 2008 to get it to work again. This was definitely not an Exchange issue but an Entourage issue.

Thanks,

Alex

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.