Question

Remember "Show tabs" setting in OneNote ribbon?

MatthiasTI asked on
I have a question regarding permanently showing the ribbon tabs in full screen mode. In Office 2013, going into full screen mode means that everything is hidden, except for a very short horizontal bar across the top of the screen. To access anything on the ribbon, I have to click on this bar to show the ribbon first. If I want to pin the ribbon so that tabs are visible at all times in full screen mode, I have to click on this bar, click a menu button near the minimize button (also hidden in full screen), and then click Show Tabs. However, OneNote does not remember this setting. Thus, every time I exit full screen mode or restart OneNote and then reenter full screen mode, I have to re-pin the ribbon again.

How do I get OneNote to remember this setting permanently? It worked in OneNote 2010.

Thanks!
69 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Nick Andre replied on

Hey all! OneNote engineer here :)

Update: This has been fixed in all standard Office 365 deployments with build 7766.2060. Simply update to enjoy!

Starting with Version 1701 Build 7766.2029 and later (see File=>Accounts to check your build number) OneNote 2016 O365 will remember any changes you make to the full screen mode ribbon settings both during and between sessions.

As of 1/30/2017 this is deployed to Insiders Fast and will be making its way to "Current Channel" production on 2/14. If you want this change now you can switch to "Insiders Fast" and you can switch back and fourth fairly easily.

11 people found this helpful

Abuse history

Most Helpful Reply
MatthiasTI replied on
After a lengthy conversation with the Microsoft Answer Desk, I was told that this is the intended new behavior in Office 2013. There is no way to show the Quick Access Toolbar permanently in Full View Mode. Very annoying.

I asked the Answer Tech repeatedly to acknowledge the change by posting here in the forum, we'll see if that happens.

If you have the same problem, please post here to increase the chance that Microsoft will address it! Thanks.
60 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress