Q: Remember "Show tabs" setting in OneNote ribbon? This thread is locked from future replies

I have a question regarding permanently showing the ribbon tabs in full screen mode. In Office 2013, going into full screen mode means that everything is hidden, except for a very short horizontal bar across the top of the screen. To access anything on the ribbon, I have to click on this bar to show the ribbon first. If I want to pin the ribbon so that tabs are visible at all times in full screen mode, I have to click on this bar, click a menu button near the minimize button (also hidden in full screen), and then click Show Tabs. However, OneNote does not remember this setting. Thus, every time I exit full screen mode or restart OneNote and then reenter full screen mode, I have to re-pin the ribbon again.

How do I get OneNote to remember this setting permanently? It worked in OneNote 2010.

Hey all! OneNote engineer here :)

Update: This has been fixed in all standard Office 365 deployments with build 7766.2060. Simply update to enjoy!

Starting with Version 1701 Build 7766.2029 and later (see File=>Accounts to check your build number) OneNote 2016 O365 will remember any changes you make to the full screen mode ribbon settings both during and between sessions.

As of 1/30/2017 this is deployed to Insiders Fast and will be making its way to "Current Channel" production on 2/14. If you want this change now you can switch to "Insiders Fast" and you can switch back and fourth fairly easily.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

7 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 12,679 Last updated: February 21, 2018 Applies to: