OneNote 2013 background lines with French Style

I work at a bilingual French / American school and was hoping someone has a solution for my issue. We use French paper (seen here - http://www.charivarialecole.fr/des-lignes-seyes-a-inserer-dans-les-documents-a642407) in some classes. It would be great to be able to have this as a background / template. I tried adding it as a print or picture but it doesn't fit quite right nor scale like the default ruled / grid paper?

Answer
Answer

Hi Brian,

I had a closer look at the Lignes Seyes grid. I then set off to play around a little bit in Excel, and created the template that you see here. I've included a download link below, both for the OneNote template and for the .XLSX spreadsheet. I used Excel because it allows to create very wide and long grids, tackling the scaling issues you've been running into.

I couldn't figure out a way to directly capture the entire Excel grid as an image to a PNG or to the clipboard. That's why I used the Save As > HTML option in Excel to export the grid as a web page. This causes the published HTML file to automatically open in a web browser. I then used my screen-capturing tool to send the grid from my browser to OneNote. You may be able to optimize this workflow with different tools. I noticed there was some quality loss getting from Excel via HTML to OneNote. Although the template I made isn't designer-grade, I still hope it inspires you to find satisfactory solution.

You can download the OneNote template at Lignes Seyes template for OneNote for Windows

The originating Excel spreadsheet is at Lignes Seyes template as Excel spreadsheet

Let me know if helps you to reach your goal.

Feel free to join the OneNote Community Notebook http://bit.ly/onenote-community-notebook-read-only

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 29, 2024 Views 930 Applies to: