Issue with Page Distribution in OneNote Class Notebook

Hi all,

I am trying to assist a colleague at school who is having the following issue:

She has a class notebook which she has used all year with no issues. Suddenly she is unable to distribute pages properly any more. When she tries to distribute a page, only one section in the student notebooks appear when there are about 10 sections. She has successfully distributed to these sections in the past but now they are not an issue.

In trying to help her I made the following discoveries:

1. The sections do not show in OneNote 2016

2. When using the Class Notebook add-in on OneNote Online, the sections DO all show but when we tried to distribute the wheel just spun saying "distributing" for several minutes. (NB we were trying to distribute a simple test page with a single line of text - pretty small)

3. We had the idea to try and add me as a co-teacher and let me try. When we went to the Add Teacher link, the book does not show as one of her notebooks???

Would really appreciate any help. This one has me stumped!

Steve

Hi Steven,

First, I'd like you to perform the following steps to check the result:

1.       Go to your OneDrive for Business through browser, choose Files in the left menu and click Class Notebooks folder.

2.       Check whether the notebook where you are trying to distribute pages is in the Class Notebooks folder.

3.       If so, please open it in OneNote Online and OneNote 2016 respectively and try to distribute pages to check if it exhibits same behavior as previously.

If the problem exists, we'd like to confirm the following information for troubleshooting:

1.       The screenshots of "the sections do all show" when you try to distribute pages in OneNote Online and "the sections do not show in OneNote 2016".

2.       If you just wait when the wheel just spun saying "distributing" for several minutes, what will happen? Will you distribute pages successfully? Please share with us some related screenshots to help us understand your situation better.

3.       Do you use the following steps to distribute pages in OneNote 2016?

a.   Under Class Notebook tab, click Distribute Page and select Individual and Group Distribution

b.    Select students or student groups and sections, then click Copy.

4.       Do other teachers have the same problems?

5.       Does the problem happen to the one specific call notebook or all class notebooks? To check this, you can try creating a new class notebook and distributing pages to check the outcome.

Regards,

Joanne

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Steven,

Can you distribute pages now? If not, please share with us the requested information when you have time.

Regards,

Joanne

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

I did not get a chance to see my colleague yesterday but another MIEE who works with us took a look.

He had some success but not perfect.

One thing he did find was that her notebook seems to exist in two place on her Onedrive. It's inside the Class Notebooks folder but also inside a folder called Class Notebooks 2017 ??

I will try and get to her tomorrow  - but it is the last day of term so may be tricky.

Thanks for your help. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the updates.

Could you tell us how you create this class notebook?

Did you create the notebook from Create a class notebook?

If it's convenient for you, we suggest creating a new one instead, as the class notebook itself isn't showing up in the list of available notebooks, this might explain why you can't distribute pages as well as why the sections are not showing when you try to distribute pages.

Regards,

Joanne

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

HI, 

As I have pointed out - it's not my notebook.

She would have created it this way though yes.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the information.

If convenient, we'd like to let her try creating a new class notebook instead and copy the sections to the new one to see if the problem persists.

If she can distribute pages in the new class notebook, the old class notebook may be corrupted.

Regards,

Joanne

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Steven,

Feel free to let us know if there is any update.

Regards,

Joanne

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 21, 2024 Views 3,348 Applies to: