Cornell Notes for University Student

Hi all, 

Is there any methods to make cornell style notes in every pages of a new section? For example, now i am currently re-drawing new lines for every new page i am taking for my lecture notes. Is it possible to make the lines default akin to Cornell style notes or a template or etc that i can use? Any recommendations are welcomed ! thanks ! 

Answer
Answer

Hi Scjx123,

From your post, I understand that you are using Cornell style in your OneNote pages and you would like to make a template so you don’t have to draw lines every time you want to use this style. Correct?

In this scenario, you can create a Cornell style page and save it as a template. To do this, you have to use OneNote 2016 because OneNote for Windows 10 does not have a way to create custom template.

I found a video which can help you create your own template, please check the following link.

One Note Cornell Template

For detailed steps on how to create template in OneNote 2016, see Create or customize a page template in OneNote 2016 for Windows.

Once you create and save a page as a template in OneNote 2016, sync your notebook to OneDrive for business. If you usually use OneNote for Windows 10 to work on your notebooks, you can then later open the synced notebook from OneDrive for business and continue using your new customized Cornell style template.

Let me know if you need any help.

Regards,

Neha

-----------
•Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.
•Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Steve,

Thanks for replying.

OneNote for iOS/Android has limited features, unfortunately, there is no function/setting to create a new custom template in mobile devices.

I know this is very important feature for you, Microsoft is continuously working on bring new and updated features on different platform and in this regard, I’ll invite you to provide your feedback in OneNote UserVoice (OneNote for iPad & iPhone or OneNote for Android) and let the Product Group know your requirement. UserVoice is the best way to give the feedback to Product Group as it’s actively monitored by them and many new features have been implemented from our customers feedback.

Thanks for understanding.

Regards,

Neha

-----------
•Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.
•Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 17, 2024 Views 6,799 Applies to: