All text appears selected in OneNote (2019 desktop) high contrast mode

I have exactly the same problem as detailed in this post.

8th October 2020: All text appears selected in OneNote (2019 desktop) high contrast mode

I first experienced it with OneNote 2019 a few months ago, and now it is happening with OneNote for Windows 10. I'm visually impaired and this problem makes OneNote unusable. Please resolve this! 

Hi joer2020,

Thanks for posting in the community.

I have tested on my side and I can reproduce the same issue in OneNote for Windows 10 (version 16001.13328.20347.0)and OneNote 2016 (version 2012). I would like to reconfirm the issue with you.

Normally, the text should be the white color while both in OneNote for Windows 10 and OneNote 2016, all the text displays like it has been selected and displays Red color. This makes the action of selecting text no different from the unselecting text. In other applications, like Word, it works well and displays the right color.

As a temporary workaround, you could change the color of the whole content. From my side, I change the color to dark yellow and now you could see the different colors when selecting the text. You could change a different color for better visibility.

Given the situation, I would like to suggest you send feedback from your side (click three pots, Settings, Feedback). We will also report the issue to the related team from our side. If there is any updates, we will post back to let you know.

Appreciate your understanding and patience.

Regards,

George

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi George,

Yes, you've managed to replicate the problem exactly. I have already sent feedback through OneNote. I hope the problem is resolved soon! 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for posting and replying. I dont understand why somene from microsoft wont reply to my post. :( 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/onenote-in-high-contrast-is-now-unusable/c0c9e2e0-135c-4b95-8e82-06862f52b7d5

and where my son posted 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/high-contrast-in-onenote/d5829100-4f91-4751-9724-c4c67bfb943f

george, your workaround doesnt fix the issue of accesibility. The product is now unusable to visually impaired people. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi michellec7DC,

Thank you for sharing your experience here. We also appreciate that you shared the related thread links with us.

As George mentioned above, we have tested it with the latest version of OneNote for Windows 10 and OneNote 2016 and we can reproduce the same situation.

Given this situation, we do understand the inconvenience caused and apologize for it. At the same time, we have also tested it with OneNote 2016 version 2008(build 13127.20760), and it works fine. Given this situation, on the one hand, for a workaround, you can also choose to use OneNote 2016 Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel (Preview) version 2008 (build 13127.20760), you can use ODT(Office Deployment Tool) to revert to an earlier version of Office, for more details, you can refer to this article: How to revert to an earlier version of Office. Or if you don’t use this channel, you can also use ODT to switch channel. For more details, you can refer to this article: Change the Microsoft 365 Apps update channel for devices in your organization

On the other hand, we’d suggest you refer to the suggestion George provided go to OneNote for Windows 10 > click three pots, Settings, Feedback or you can go to OneNote 2016 > File > Feedback and click I don’t like something to provide your feedback. This feedback will directly go to them so that our related team can hear your voice on this feature directly.

At the same time, since we can reproduce the same situation as yours, we will invite more resources to investigate this issue and report this issue. If we have any updates, we will post back as soon as possible.

Your understanding and patience will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Sukie

• Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Microsoft!

Just bumping this thread as this issue persists and is making reading my notes very difficult!

Joe

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi joer2020,

We’re sorry the inconvenience caused by it. We also understand it is difficult to read notes.

About the situation you encountered, we have reported this issue to the related team, and related team may need to use some time to investigate it, if we have any updates, we will post back and share the information with you as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience so far.

Best Regards,

Sukie

• Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Another blind/low vision user who would really use a fix to this issue. I was considering purchasing a yearly subscription to 365, but if I can't use OneNote well, it's not worth it. Please resolve this issue.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This morning the problem disappeared for me on OneNote for Windows 10! Rejoice!

The issue persists on the OneNote which comes with a 365 subscription, however.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've just fired up OneNote this morning, and it looks like this issue has FINALLY been resolved!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2021 Views 138 Applies to: