OneNote and OneNote 2016 - What's the roadmap?

I remain confused about the OneNote 2016 roadmap. As a premium customer who purchased Office 2016 it seems I am disadvantaged with regards to functionality and updates. For example, I notice a new UI for OneNote on devices and the free app in Windows 10. I also note that there are no plans to update OneNote 2016 with this new UI.

My question(s), aimed at Microsoft Product Management, is 'how do you see these two distinct incarnations of OneNote evolving? Specifically - What's the roadmap for each? Who are your target customer base for each? What are the challanges in delivering equivilant functionality across each platform; is it technical or target customer demography? Where do retail customer such as independent academics and professionals, who do not have belong to an institution but who require a robust and comprehensive product fit in terms of optimal product choice?'

So, that's the future question out of the way.

In terms of current functionality, search on Windows for OneNote is very broken. Not only can I not get results from Windows search bar, but within OneNote I cannot either. Yet, on iOS OneNote the search functionality works just fine. Again, it 'seems' like premium lacks what free gets.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 12, 2019 Views 937 Applies to:

Hi Tim,

OneNote is a Microsoft product. Regarding with your concern about OneNote features and UI, we highly suggest that you submit your feedback about OneNote. Kindly type this to your address bar for you to submit a feedback https://onenote.uservoice.com/ for improvement.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the comment Rose, but I'd like to have this conversation here. Dropping something into the 'uservoice' area is a one-way ticket - it does not produce feedback for me or others.

Warm regards

Tim

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Tim,

There are many possible reasons why this issue happens. Some of these reasons are buggy GUI, bug in Office, sync issues with OneNote, etc. Regarding your issue, kindly contact OneNote support. I just sent you the email address of OneNote support. Kindly check your inbox.

If you have more concerns, feel free to post. We're always here to help.

Regards.

Sorry this didn't help.

Allan, I've sent you a note via private message. Can you check please?

Thanks

Tim

Sorry this didn't help.