Question

Q: OneNote 2016 / OneNote App W10 issues with onedrive.live.com hosted files. Error code: 0xE4010647

As of sometime today I can no longer synch notebooks hosted on onedrive.live.com. They all worked fine yesterday. They still work via web interface version of OneNote. Also my work notebooks hosted on sharepoint.com are still working. Here is a screenshot:

The OneNote 2016 is build 8326.2070 and OneNote app is 17.8366.57611.0. Windows 10 is 1703 - 15063.540. It may be a windows problem more than OneNote / OneDrive issue since cumulative update was recently applied.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Error code: 0xE4010647 to help people searching.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

We need the password to sync this notebook. (Error code: 0xE4010647)

Having the same issue. Started today. No changes to the system or updates. Simply stopped syncing. Now every Notebook I open will not sync and gives the same error code.

Have tried all the options on this discussion as well as all those all the others posted on Microsoft forums.

I can access Notebooks through the Web but not through desktop or Apps.

Using MS Office Pro 2016.

Please Fix ASAP. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Started today. No changes to the system or updates. Simply stopped syncing. 

Are you on Windows 10? Did you get latest cumulative update? Can you run winver and check version?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here. Two different computers on different networks (home computer: Win10 Pro, work computer: Win8 Pro connected to a domain), OneNote 2016 on both, and all of the notebooks I try opening from OneDrive give this same 0xE4010647 error when trying to sync. Trying to click the infobar to enter a password just makes the infobar disappear, without prompting to enter a password and without correcting the error.

They worked fine yesterday. My work computer had Windows and OneNote updates which I applied (same issue before and after updates, as well as before and after rebooting), whereas my home computer has had no changes. I also tried removing and re-adding my Microsoft account to OneNote on my work computer, as well as removing the Office 2016 credentials from the credential manager, but it made no difference.

Whatever is suddenly broken makes OneNote basically unusable for me right now.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey guys, having the same issue on a Windows 10 Pro laptop and a Windows 10 Mobile phone. Just created a Feedback Hub entry, upvote it here please:

https://aka.ms/Iesxe4

- maybe it will make them notice it quicker and fix whatever they messed up this time.

Update: tweeted to @MsOneNote about this. Currently the changes do get through after you re-sign-in on the phone from within the app or manually click "sync" in OneNote 2016 Notebook Sync Status window, but the error is reappearing all the time.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm also hitting this, starting today.

Is this a complete OneNote+OneDrive outage?

Annoyingly, one of the suggested troubleshooting steps was closing the notebook -- and now I can't reopen it in Desktop OneNote (I get the error noted above).

Notebook seems to open in OneNote Online, but Edge can't seem to handle that web site and is mostly unresponsive and frequently hangs/freezes.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same situation here as what others are noting. I've downloaded the OneNote diagnostics tool and sent logs/etc to MSFT by running it. Hopefully that'll help track down the problem. If anyone else is interested, the diagnostics tool is at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53336

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm also having this same issue.  

Microsoft, please fix asap.

Are there any workarounds?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did not get the latest cumulative update.

Last cumulative update

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB4019473)

Also updated iPhone App and restarted but did not help

Sorry this didn't help.

same here. Auto-Sync stopped after installing Windows 10 (Version 1703). OneNote runs the latest Version (Version 1707/Build 8326.2070). synchronization starts automatically, just before finishing it, the popup ("a Password is required 0xE4010647) appears. After klicking on it, the message disappears and the synchronization starts again. Please solve asap! thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 982 Last updated: June 9, 2018 Applies to: