Problem Access OneNote Web App

I can no longer access Microsoft OneNote web app. I get the following error message every time I try to access.

Sorry, we can't get your notebooks right now. Please try again later.

I use Windows 8.1 and Office 365. I had Office 2013 Professional, but I recently uninstalled that version when I realized I had been using my Office 365 subscription. Could that uninstall have created this problem?

I have tried using different browsers and computers with the same issue. I've logged into my wife's OneDrive account on the same PC that I have problems with OneNotes and have no problem opening her OneNote web app. I suspect that my problem is with my OneDrive account (I use my Microsoft Account as my Login). My account ID is, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Please fix this issue or tell me what I should do to fix. My Desktop versions of OneNote works fine, as does my mobile iPhone version.

Jerry Mapp

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

I have a similar problme and I believe that it has something to do with the account information associated with the e-mail.  
When using other account, it works fine.  

Is there a way to reset the main account information ?  I use an outlook.com as an e-mail account.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I still have the problem and submitted it to the OneDrive apps Team in hopes that they will respond. This is not a problem I can solve alone. It will require that a Microsoft professional make adjustments to my OneDrive or Microsoft account. Please respond, I don't think even the coming Window 10 roll-out will not solve this issue.

PROBLEM STATEMENT AGAIN

I'm having problems opening only my OneNotes Online. I suspect this is an account issue. I can open my wife OneNote Online with no problem from the same PC using the same OS (WIndows 8.1) Can you helps me fix this account problem? my OneDrive login ID is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I use an Office 365 subscription under my wife's account ID: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, Robin Hood. I have, but recently uninstalled my full Office 2013 Professional version just prior to noticing this problem. I have a Dell Ultrabook laptop PC. Jerry Mapp, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Please respond to let me know you are working this issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Jerry,

Thank you for your response.

In order to resolve this issue we need more information. Let us know the following:

1. What happens when you try to access OneNote online on your computer?
  2. Do you get any error message while you do so? If yes, please send us the complete error message/code.
  3. Which browser are you using to login to OneNote online?

In the meantime the issue is addressed on the following Microsoft Answers thread.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_365hp-onenote/onenote-online-sorry-we-cant-get-your-notebooks/229c8917-34cb-4434-ad18-5175e6c32a58

Have you come across this thread and followed the resolution suggested therein? If not, I request you to follow this thread and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

In case you have followed the resolution suggested in the above thread without a solution then let us know which browser you are using to login to OneNote online? In case you have Internet Explorer (IE) along with other browsers on your computer then check if IE is set as the default browser. If not then try setting IE as the default browser on your computer and check. Follow these steps to make IE as the default browser.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/make-ie-default-browser#ie=ie-11

If that does not resolve the issue try resetting the IE browser on the computer following these steps.

Follow the steps from the following Microsoft article to reset IE on your computer.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

After resetting the browser make sure to restart the computer.

Disclaimer:The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Hope the above step helps you to resolve your issue with accessing OneNote online. Let us know the result.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

1. What happens when you try to access OneNote online on your computer?

I’ve tried both the Desktop & Start Menu IE Tile and both Firefox & Chrome with the same results. My home computer is a Dell Ultrabook running Windows 8.1 with Media Center

I’ve tried these same browsers on the same computer while logged into

1. my Window’s profile and logged into my OneDrive/Outlook account

2. my Wife’s Window’s profile and logged into my OneDrive/Outlook account

I get the following message.

1. Do you get any error message while you do so? If yes, please send us the complete error message/code.

Only the message above.

2. Which browser are you using to login to OneNote online?

I’ve tried both the Desktop and the Start Menu IE Tile with the same results and both Firefox and Chrome.

I’ve tried these same browsers on the same computer while logged into

1. my Wife’s Window’s profile and logged into her OneDrive/Outlook account

2. my Window’s profile and logged into my wife’s OneDrive/Outlook account

3. I’ve logged into other computers, such as my work computer running Windows 7

In all of the above cases, OneNotes opens properly and provide a choice of how to open.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

You have mentioned that you have issues with both the Desktop and the Start Menu IE tile. By Desktop do you mean you have OneNote app installed or is it a shortcut on the desktop.

Check if the following Microsoft Answers thread helps:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_365hp-onenote/onenote-online-sorry-we-cant-get-your-notebooks/229c8917-34cb-4434-ad18-5175e6c32a58

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Aloha!

Microsoft account actions taken by the Microsoft Team have solved my Online OneNotes issue.

Thanks for your efforts!

Jerry Mapp

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2021 Views 854 Applies to: