Onenote Web Clipper Notebook List Won't Load

I'm having a problem I've seen others have with my notebooks not loading on my web clipper:

I clicked on the "Learn more" and ran the diagnostics, but couldn't find a problem. It doesn't look like I have too many items, folders, notebooks, etc:

I went ahead and tried building the index anyway and it didn't make a difference.

The notebooks still load fine on my other computer, but not the one I use most often. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, clearing the cache, restarting, changing my folder structure in OneDrive, etc.

I especially need to fix this because the web clipper "default location" is a notebook I don't use and it's really annoying to have to find it and move notes around.  I forget a lot (which is why I use onenote!).

Answer
Answer

Hi Mwarr_963,

The issue could occur when the items in your OneDrive for Business library view is more than 5000, which is the list view threshold limit in libraries or lists. When this limitation is exceeded, it will influence the performance of the library or list. It may also cause some unexpected issues.

In this situation, when we sign into the OneNote clipper with the related work/school account. It cannot load the notebooks in the OneDrive for Business library.

To check the number of items in OneDrive for Business, you can go to OneDrive for Business>click Gear button in the right upper corner>Site Settings>Gear button in the right upper corner>Site content>check the item under Documents.

If it is your situation, we suggest you count down the item in OneDrive for Business.

Here is an article for your reference:

Manage large lists and libraries in SharePoint

In addition, a similar thread for your reference:

Onenote Clipper

If above doesn't help, please provide the following information:

1.Can you open your OneNote notebooks successfully in OneNote online?

2.After you get the error, hold down the keys ALT & SHIFT and then click on the "Feedback" button in the bottom left corner. A dialog will pop up with the information about your specific clipper session.

Please share a screenshot of the information with us.

Regards,

Tina

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 2, 2023 Views 687 Applies to: