OneNote sync to SkyDrive stopped working after SP1

Since installing Office 2010 SP1, syncs to SkyDrive have been failing 100% on all machines I use. Notebooks on network shares are still fine, this is limited to SkyDrive.

I tried many things:

* Closing all notebooks and clearing my OneNote cache, then doing "Open in OneNote" on one of the notebooks from SkyDrive through Internet Explorer

* Clearing all the certificate-based credentials in Manage Network Passwords with WebClient temporarily stopped

* Making sure my Live Essentials was completely up to date

* Making sure all patches had been installed for Windows

The same thing happens every time. I open the notebook from IE, OneNote starts opening it (and asks for Live login if I had cleared the credentials), starts to sync from a https://mynpm9.docs.live.net address, then immediately fails. The message I get when hovering over my notebook's sync icon (badged with a red circle with line through it) is "This notebook is not connected. Changes are not being synchronized." A manual sync does nothing.

This happens on at least six different machines across two different users, all of which were fine before the SP1. Uninstalling SP1 is not an option - it includes bug fixes that we need at work. Most systems are 64-bit Windows 7, but one is 32-bit. All are running Office 2010 32-bit and upgraded to SP1 at the same time.

What can I do to address this? We have completely lost SkyDrive sync on all our machines.

Question Info

Last updated March 28, 2018 Views 6,456 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Scott, I'm a dev lead on OneNote and I'm sorry you've run into this. I can help you sort this out. First, I'd like to make sure that your registry isn't at fault. The reason for the message you are seeing in the New Notebook location may be due to a reg key that admins can use to disable SkyDrive in their organization. I'd like to confirm that.

Can you look in the registry (run regedit.exe from Start->Run) and tell me what the value of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Common\WebIntegration\WebIntegrationEnabled is? It should be 1, or not there at all. If it is there and not 1 that is your problem.

If that is not the issue I will help you diagnose it further.

Nathaniel

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.