OneNote missing features on my Mac

I use Microsoft 365 through work and to work from home I have been signed into it on my personal mac computer. All of the products have been working fine, but today I decided to try OneNote and discovered that I have a weirdly pared-down version. I went to add tags and create custom tags and saw that the tags list is only 5 entries long and there's no option to create custom tags. It looks like generally a lot of other features are gone from the menu as well. I signed out and signed back in multiple times. I re-downloaded the app through the app store. I deleted it and reinstalled it through the office 365 website. No change whatsoever. I saw online and across this website that people have had similar issues to this over the years but no confirmed working solution that I could find. What is the issue and how can I fix it? 

Hi KP217,

Thank you for posting your query in our community.

According to your description, you want to create custom tags on OneNote for Mac, however, there is no option for it.

I tested it on my side, and the result was same as yours, here are my test versions:

OneNote for Mac previous version: 16.37, 16.38,16.39, 16.40

OneNote for Mac product version/Insider Slow: 16.41(20091302)

OneNote for Mac Insider Fast version: 16.42(20091509)

Based on my test results, it seems that this feature is not available on these current versions of OneNote for Mac. Given this situation, I do understand the inconvenience and apologize for it. Since we can reproduce the problem, we will involve more resources and report this to the related team. I will post back and let you know once I got any update.

Your understanding and patience will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Jazlyn

-----------
•Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.
•Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 1,216 Applies to: