onenote ipad annotations showing up with different alignment on onenote 16. HELP!

I am using onenote 2016 with the class notebook add in to distribute coursework to my students.  All of my students are on ipads since my HS has a 1:1ipad program.  I prefer to use onenote for grading easier with my sp4, and the powerschool integration.

Nevertheless, I am testing out the workflows before the school year starts this tuesday, and I am running into some serious issues.

All of my files are in .pdf for course content.  I am creating a page in onenote and inserting the assignment I want the students to do as a pdf printout.  I put the title of the worksheet as the page title, and I put in a text box below the page title and above the pdf printout stating to do the homework.  I found if I don't put that box, then the create assignment function in class notebook throws an error.  

My main issue is the alignment of the annotations on the page.  Once the assignment goes to the students and they mark it up, when I go into there name and section and page for the assignment, all of their work is misaligned.  Shifted upward and smaller it seems.  See below for the ipad markup...then what I see when I look at the page on my surface.

Also, If I markup the same page to grade it or comment on it with onenote 2016 and then view it on the ipad under the students account, the alignment is off!!! So my student would think my feedback is basically gibberish. 

I really need help on this and hope there is an easy solution.  Between the slow syncs and this....I am ready to dump onenote altogether and go another route.

Thank you all.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello Stephen,

This is Fanguang Kong, product manager of Microsoft OneNote. First of all, thanks for using OneNote and apologize for the trouble.

To help us investigate the issue you mentioned, is it possible to e-mail us the page, together with your OneNote 2016 and OneNote on iOS versions?

Our Email Address:

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

To Email The Page:

OneNote 2016 -> Switch to the page -> "File" -> "Send"-> "Send as Attachment". 

To Get the OneNote 2016 Version Number:

"File" -> "Account" -> "Office Updates", version number is showing up there.

To Get the iOS OneNote Version Number:

"Hamburger" button on top left corner-> "Gear" setting icon -> version number locate at the bottom of the list.

Thanks,

Fanguang Kong

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

What is the email I sent it to?  It was blocked above. 

My iOS version is 15.25.1 (160816 c1)

My onenote 2016 is 16.0.7167.2040

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

<<removed link>>  I will send you a private message in order to get the page.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sent it away and it got bounced back because i'm not on the allowed senders list.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Fanguang, I have had the exact same issue. I was reviewing some stuff someone had sent me and marking up and making notes over the original. However when I exported to PDF I had the same issue that my handwritten items moved up and were in the wrong place.

There is a workaround, just move the original down if possible but it's messy and doesn't work perfectly.

I first encountered the issue when exporting to PDF. I then tried to share a link to the OneNote instead however I then realised the problem had affected my original OneNote document so the problem was in the source rather than the PDF transfer.

I am using:

iPad Pro 12.9 inch (ML0Q2B/A)

Apple Pencil

iOS 9.2 (13C75)

OneNote version 15.26 (160910)

Please let me know if you need more info, happy to help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I worked with them for a while on this.  They found the problem for me and it is a bug.  Something with the distribution of a page from onenote to the ipad. They are currently working on a fix, and will issue an update for it.  Not sure on the timeframe though.

Did your original document that you were reviewing on the ipad come from onenote on a desktop?  My issue was from onenote 2016 to onenote on the ipad

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, mine was actually an email that I copied and pasted in from the iPad Mail app to OneNote. It was all done on the iPad.

At first I thought maybe I had accidentally moved the text but then realised others have had the issue.

The work around is to just move the text so it lines up again but it's fiddly and this kind of thing is basic functionality that we need,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have exactly same issues.

Graphical annotations alignment is off on iPad and iPhone...

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can anyone from the original question posting please return to explain the process to fix?  A bug was mentioned... how was that fixed (it's been over a year).  Same problem here: iPad markups are horribly off OneNote Online view.  

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I am facing this exact issue. Can anyone help? The alignment between my ipad, macbook as well as zenbook does not tally so i wam unable to annotate my printouts. Please help as I would love to use one note for work if possible but this is proving to be much of a hindrance. Thanks.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 12, 2024 Views 1,987 Applies to: