Can't sign in to OneNote for Android

I have the latest OneNote for Android installed on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and have been unable to login with my Microsoft account for the few months I've been using it.  I am able to login to the desktop application (Onenote 2010 on Windows 7) and can login to the OneNote web portal using the same credentials on both the desktop and mobile browser.  When I try to login the Android application gives a message that it "Can't Refresh List" and then it dumps me to my note list, and a few seconds later the login page will popup again. 

I have read other threads on here with people having similar problems, but the solutions have either linked to posts that are not relevant or haven't been able to help.  I've seen a couple of posts mentioning they were able to get it to work with wifi on or off, I have tried both wifi and the 4G connection with the same results.  The only other piece of advice I've seen is to wipe the cache for the application, but I do not know how to do this and haven't been able to find anything within the settings.

I have numerous notes stored locally on my phone that I do not want to lose.  I haven’t tried uninstalling and reinstalling because it isn’t clear if my notes will still be available after reinstalling.  Would appreciate any suggestions on how I can get this working.

Answer
Answer

Try the following.

Go to Settings

Tap Application Management (or similar)

Go to OneNote and tap it

On your new screen you will see two buttons

Delete Data and

Delete Cache

Delete both

Force a close

Go back out to your Home Screen and tap OneNote

It will take some time and you will need to re-enter your credentials, but it should start to re-sync with your notes in the cloud.

If you are not using OneDrive the procedure for syncing might require more steps.

24 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 14, 2024 Views 10,816 Applies to: