"Sorry, There was problem with your Microsoft Account" error prompts

In my organization we are using "OneDrive for Business". Our concern is whenever user changes the password, user gets a error prompt of "OneDrive for Business" stating "Sorry, There was problem with your Microsoft Account".

When user close the prompt window then user gets another prompt window stating "There was a problem connecting to OneDrive" and when user click on "Try Again" option then somehow in case of some user it started working.

Could you please let me know the fix to suppress these error prompt window since it is very annoying to users. I really appreciate your help to fix it.

Many Thanks

Chandan

Hi Chandan,

To better understand the situation, I'd like to confirm the following things:
1.Is the issue related to Microsoft account or work/school account?
2.After clicking Try again, need users to sign in again or does the sync client automatically work well again?
3.What are the operating systems of users' computers?

I'd like to explain that for a Microsoft account, after changing its password, we will get the "Sorry, there was a problem with your Microsoft Account" pop-up. For the work/school account, after changing password, we can see Processing changes when hover the mouse on the sync client icon. In this situation, we can right-click it>Settings>Account>Unlink OneDrive/Account>re-sign in with the new password>check if the sync client works well again.

Best regards,
Tim

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 864 Applies to: