Remove Multiple OneDrive Accounts

Hi

I setup a trial Office 365 account prior to signing up for a full account but now I can't get rid of the first OneDrive account linked to the trial account. It seems to be turned off but I can't remove it from the navigation pane.  I'm running Windows 10 with OneDrive for Business Next Generation Sync Client.

Thanks

Hi Steve,

To remove the OneDrive icons from the left navigation pane, you can try the steps below:

WARNING: Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

1. Press Win + R to pen the Run dialog box.
2. Type regedit and press enter to open the Registry Editor.
3. Go to the following location:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\

We will find several keys under the folder NameSpace, and each represents a OneDrive for Business sync instance. We can tell it from the Data of the default key string.

4. Copy the Key Name of the OneDrive instance to be removed, in my case it is {6D08498B-B141-4E6D-A159-8DEC2635C21A}.
5. Go to the path HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID, and find the above Key Name {6D08498B-B141-4E6D-A159-8DEC2635C21A}.

6. Double click the subkey System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree, and change the value from 1 to 0. (1 is to display the icon, and 0 is to hide the icon)

7. Repeat Step 5 and Step 6 to remove all unnecessary OneDrive icons.
8. Close Registry Editor and restart Windows File Explorer.

Regards,
Jiaxing Bian

81 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Steve,

Have you referred to Jiaxing's information? Do you need further assistance?

Thanks,
Shirley

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 7, 2024 Views 16,206 Applies to: