Onedrive stuck on Signing in.

The problem: I can't log in to Onedrive on a Windows 10 Pro PC (Version 1703, OS Build 15063.540) from my work PC. I am using Onedrive on more that one PC.

I do have Onedrive installed on my home PC and the app is working fine. I do have about 700Gb of data on my Onedrive folder and it is all synced to my Onedrive account. No problem there. Even if I access Onedrive from a browser, I can manage my files without problem. 

From my work PC, if I log onto Onedrive from a browser, I can also manage my files without problems. About a week ago I have tried to activate the Onedrive app with the folder on my harddisk. I needed to have more regular access to my Onedrive folders. The problem is when I try to sync my folders by using the app. My Onedrive folder will not update any files. The Onedrive icon on the taskbar is greyed out and it says "Onedrive Not signed in". This only happens on my work PC.

What I have done so far:

• On the greyed out icon (the Onedrive cloud icon), right click, settings, Account, Add an account - a windows pop up asking for email. I enter the related email, click on sign in and then another Windows pops up with the name Microsoft Onedrive. This one stays blank, even if a leave it like that for a few days. No update of the Onedrive folder on the PC is taking place.
  • On the greyed out icon, right click, settings, Account, Unlink this PC, Unlink account, then it brings up the same window as in previous paragraph, with the same results.
  • On the greyed out icon, right click, exit, Close Onedrive. Uninstall Onedrive - reinstall the latest Onedrive app, the same problems.
  • Upgraded my PC from Windows 10 version 10.0.14393.1378 to Version 1703, OS Build 15063.540. Same problems.
  • Have tried resetting from command prompt, reinstalling the Onedrive app, deleting credentials from Windows. Same problems.

Do you perhaps have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Answer
Answer

Hi Hein,

Please follow the steps below to see the result:

1.       Go to Control Panel>User Accounts>credential manager>Windows Credentials, check if there’s any “OneDrive” credentials, if so, remove the credentials.

2.       Right click the OneDrive icon > Settings > Account > Unlink this PC > Unlink this account

3.       Sign in again to see the result.

Thanks,

Rena

-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Once complete conversation about this topic, kindly Mark and Vote any replies to benefit others reading this thread.

191 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 12, 2024 Views 208,047 Applies to: