Onedrive for Business: Photos Section Absent

I have a personal OneDrive account that shows a "Photos" tab in the left-hand navigation pane; photos that are uploaded there are recognized as photos and show up in a more album-centric manner (and, in fact, offer to generate automatic albums). However, on my OneDrive for Business (Education) account, no such option exists; OneDrive won't recognize folders consisting entirely of photos (JPEGs), and treats them in an old-style Windows XP manner using the browser-based access, forcing one-by-one viewing.

On my personal (free) OneDrive, the options include Photos and PCs (here),

...whereas my paid OneDrive for Business shows only four of these (below):

Does anyone know how to force OneDrive to create/activate a "Photos" section to take advantage of this richer photo viewing/editing experience that is available in the free OneDrive? It's rather pointless for me to share photos in this manner when I could just share a Google Photos album much easier (than Business, that is--the free OneDrive works fine).

Thanks!

Answer
Answer

Hi Sam,

There is no method to create or activate a “Photos” section in OneDrive for Business as it in OneDrive because OneDrive for Business and OneDrive are different.

OneDrive is a personal cloud place to storing your own personal files while OneDrive for Business brings teams together to collaborate on documents and other things. They have a different view pane for different purposes. You can take a look at OneDrive for Business vs OneDrive – Know the difference to learn more information.

Disclaimer: Microsoft provides no assurances and/or warranties, implied or otherwise, and is not responsible for the information you receive from the third-party linked sites or any support related to technology.

Regards,

Kimi

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 6, 2021 Views 4,042 Applies to: