OneDrive Business Able to Sync Shared Folders?

Can OneDrive business sync folders that are shared with them as is possible with OneDrive personal?

For example, if a business user shares a folder with a personal user, can that personal user sync the folder to their personal account?

And vice versa, if a personal user shares a folder with a business user, can that business user sync the folder to their business account?

What about a business to business user?

Thanks,

LT

[Moved from: OneDrive / Working with files and folders on OneDrive / Sharing files and folders / OneDrive in Windows 10]

Question Info

Last updated September 23, 2019 Views 1,738 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Linh,

• If a business user shares a folder with a personal user

No. As the business shared folder will not show up in the personal OneDrive “shared” section, the personal user can’t click “add to my OneDrive” to sync it.  

• If a personal user shares a folder with a business user

No. As the personal shared folder will not show up in the OneDrive for Business “shared with me” section, the business user can’t click sync to sync it.

• If a business user shares a folder with a business user

Yes. As the business shared folder will show up in the OneDrive for Business “shared with me” section, the business user can select the folder to sync it.

• If a personal user shares a folder with a personal user

Yes. As the personal shared folder will show up in the personal OneDrive “shared” section, the personal user can click “add to my OneDrive” to add the folder to “File” section to sync it.

In the meantime, if you have concern about the sharing between personal OneDrive and OneDrive for Business, we suggest you vote the UserVoice: Sharing between OneDrive Personal and OneDrive for Business to make our products and services better for you and others.

Thanks,

Rena

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.