Old OneDrive account still showing up in explorer

Hi everyone,

we use OneDrive at work and in the windows explorer one of the old accounts still shows up (not quick access). It's removed from the OneDrive settings but it still shows up next to the other OneDrive folders. Is there any way I can just remove it? I tried  the solution in mentioned here (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/remove-onedrive-folder-from-file-explorer/c5f1e474-a627-43bc-9dd3-6cd56f86d6eb), but I don't even have a registry key "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" so that didn't help either. I hope any of you have had this problem and found a solution for it.

Question Info

Last updated November 13, 2019 Views 4,615 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
You can try this, be careful not to hide the wrong one:

Hold Windows key and press R
Type regedit.exe and press Enter
Go to this location HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace If you don’t know how to navigate then follow the steps given below
Double click HKEY_CURRENT_USER (from the left pane)
Double click SOFTWARE (from the left pane)
Double click Microsoft (from the left pane)
Double click Windows (from the left pane)
Double click CurrentVersion (from the left pane)
Double click Explorer (from the left pane)
Double click Desktop (from the left pane)
Double click Namespace (from the left pane)
Locate the folders that has OneDrive entry in it (from the left pane). You can click the folders one by one and look at the right pane to see the name of the registry. It should say OneDrive. Copy or note the name of this folder somewhere
Now navigate to this path HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\ by double clicking HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and then double clicking CLSID folder
Locate the folder with the wrong name as that of OneDrive folder (that you noted in step 4).
Click the folder
Double click the entry (right pane) named System.IsPinnedtoNameSpaceTree

Make its value 0 and click Ok

42 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.