OneDrive displaying blank screen in the browser

I have started to see occurrences of OneDrive displaying as only a blank screen in the web browser.  Scenario:

1. Logon to portal.office.com.   Tried with several ID's, including the tenant admin

2. From the portal, select OneDrive.

3. Browser displays an empty window.   Completely void of anything related to OneDrive.

4. Used Windows 10 computer.  Tried both Edge and Chrome browsers, multiple O365 user accounts with same result.

5. Used a Chromebook.  Tried multiple user accounts to logon to 0365 with same result.

6. Tried logon to admin console with admin account then browsing various user OneDrive contents.  Same result.

Network wise, connecting via a T-Mobile hotspot, which has worked fine previously.

Answer
Answer

Hi EEKER22,

Please try the followings and let us know the result:

1.  Turn off anti-virus software and firewall.

2.  Turn off proxy server if there is any.

3.  Try to connect to different networks.

4.  Reset Internet Explorer settings, then try to navigate to your OneDrive for Business to check the outcome.

5.  Perform a clean boot to your computer.

If you have tried the above but they can't help, I'd like to confirm some information for further investigation:

1.  Network trace log via private message.

2.  Your tenant information via private message.

3.  A screenshot of the blank screen including the OneDrive for business URL via private message.

4.  Can you use other Office 365 services such as SharePoint?

Regards,

Joanne

Problem appears to be "fixed", although I hesitate to use that word.

Behavior was very erratic.   It originally was failing in all configurations as mentioned in the original post, even "inprivate" browser.   Then it started working in Edge "inPrivate" window and Chrome "incognito".   That seemed very strange.   With that info i'm thinking it has to be browser related somehow, so i go back and clear the browser cache, files and cookies this time.  (I think i only cleared files the first time)  Everything starts working again.

So, I would be inclined to call the "fix" clearing the browser cache:  cookies and cached images and files.   (But it seemed like "cookies and other site data" was the culprit.)

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 23,140 Applies to: