Move a "Shared With Me" file to my "Files" folder in OneDrive for Business

Hello,

How do I move a file from the "Shared With Me" to my "Files" folder (see screenshot)?

Moved from: OneDrive / Working with files and folders on OneDrive / Adding and removing files and folders / OneDrive Web (OneDrive.live.com)

Question Info

Last updated February 18, 2020 Views 12,800 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Ryan,

If other people shared a folder with you, you can go to Shared with me section in your OneDrive for Business>Click into the folder>select the files that needs to be copied to your OneDrive>Click Copy to button from ribbon to move it.

For files outside a folder in Shared with me section, you can try switching back to classic OneDrive for Business by clicking Return to classic OneDrive on the bottom-left corner, and then try the steps below to copy the file shared with me to your OneDrive for Business:

1.  Click the three dots next to a document>click VIEW LIBRARY to go to the library where the original document is stored.

2.  Then click the three dots next to the document>click three dots once again>Move or Copy>select the folder you want to copy the file to>Check Copy this item to the selected folder, otherwise the file will be moved out from the file owner's OneDrive for Business>Click Copy.

Feel free to let us know if anything above is unclear.

Regards,

Joanne

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.