Build history for Version 1610
- On 11/08/16, we released Version 1610 (Build 7466.2038), which fixes an issue where VBA forms didn't display correctly or caused macro-enabled files with form controls to stop responding.
- On 10/26/16, we released Version 1610 (Build 7466.2023), which contains fixes.
- On 10/21/16, we released Version 1610 (Build 7466.2022), which contains fixes.
- On 10/17/16, we released Version 1610 (Build 7466.2017), which contains the features described below as well as fixes.
Original feature announcement
On October 17, 2016, we released the October feature update for Office 2016 to our Office Insider Slow audience. To get the update immediately, open any Office 2016 app and choose File > Account > Update Options > Update Now. After you install the update, you should be running Version 1610 (Build 7466.2017) or 16.0.7466.2017.
What's new in this release?
The following features are now available to Office 365 subscribers:
- Edit with natural pen gestures: In Word, the new Ink Editor feature lets your pen become a much more powerful document-editing tool. To get started, click
Draw > Ink Editor. In the Pens
group, select the ink style you want. To select text, draw a circle around it. To delete a word or phrase in a sentence, draw a line thorough the text. To highlight text, choose a highlighter pen and draw across the text you want to highlight. Learn how to
edit your document with natural gestures.
- A new digital writing assistant: Watch for new visual cues and suggestions from Editor, a new service that offers advanced, contextual proofing to help you improve your writing. First, we've expanded Word's
spelling and grammar tools to inform you why words or phrases may not be accurate--teaching at the same time as correcting. Second, we've overhauled Word's visual proofing cues so you can distinguish at a glance between edits for spelling (red
squiggle), grammar (blue double underline), or writing style (gold dotted line). Since Outlook uses Word as an email editor, you'll see these new tools in email messages, too. (To use the feature, your proofing language must be set to English. Rest assured,
we'll enable support for additional proofing languages soon.)
- Summary cards for travel reservations and packages: In Outlook, verify and track travel reservations, as well as package deliveries, using summary cards automatically created in the Inbox and Calendar. (Feature requires an Office 365
- Scalable Vector Graphics: In PowerPoint, you can now can insert and edit scalable vector graphic (SVG) images in presentations to create sharp, well-designed content. SVG images don't lose any quality if they are zoomed or resized. For
more information, see
Insert SVG images.
- Data transformations and connectivity enhancements: In Excel, you can now select to import related tables when loading data from OData sources, add custom columns with values coming from a function computation, or show the dependencies
between queries using a dedicated view.
- Easy discover of third-party content: In Visio, browse or search for new templates and sample diagrams from select third-party content providers.
- Ink replay in Word & Excel: To understand what’s behind the ink you see in a document or workbook, click
Draw > Ink Replay to rewind and replay the ink strokes.
- Shared with Me: Does this sound familiar? Someone shared a OneDrive file with you, but you can't find the email message that has the link. No problem. With this update, you can click
File > Open > Shared with Me in Word, PowerPoint, or Excel. This will show you all files that have been shared with you.
- We're listening: In Project, to suggest new features or tell us what you like or don't like, click
File > Feedback.
- Shape recognition: In Word, click Draw >
Convert to Shapes. Then, draw a shape in your document, and Word will convert your drawing to a corresponding shape.
- Office Insider page
- Follow @OfficeInsider on Twitter
- What's new and improved in Office 2016 for Office 365
- What's the difference between Office 365 and Office 2016?
- How do I install Office updates?