** Updates **
- On February 22, 2017, we released Version 1701 (Build 7766.2060).
- On February 02, 2017, we released Version 1701 (Build 7766.2047).
** Original **
On January 30, 2017, we released the January Insider Slow update for Office 2016. To get the update immediately, open any Office 2016 app and choose File > Account > Update Options > Update Now.
After you install the update, you should be running Version 1701 (Build 7766.2039).
What's new in this release?
The following features are now available to Office 365 subscribers:
- Collaborate on attachments in real time: Uploading email attachments to OneDrive lets everyone work on the latest version of the file. Use the drop-down menu on the attachment to either upload a revised version or save a new
version. For more information, see
Attach a file to an email in Outlook for Windows.
- Use your pen to manipulate objects: In Word, grab object handles with the digital pen to resize, rotate, move, and more. Find out how.
- Visio add-in for Database Modeling: Now available for download, the Visio Add-In for Database Modeling add-in helps while planning the creation of a new database or understanding an existing one.
Download the add-in now or learn to reverse engineer an existing database into a database model.
- New education templates and diagrams: Students and teachers can use new templates and sample diagrams that cover many subjects, including algebra, chemistry, physics, and more.