How do I uninstall Office 365 Windows Store version?

I decided to try the Windows Store version of Office 365 for Insiders.  The install went OK.  The apps seemed to work, with the exception of Search in Outlook.  Outlook is my most-used application and I use Search many times per hour.  I spent hours troubleshooting with no success.  So I gave up and re-installed Office 365 from the Microsoft Store.  Now I have two versions of each application.  The Microsoft Store versions work, the Windows store versions don't.  But I can't seem to get rid of them.  Opposite click Uninstall from the Start menu seemed like a good method, but nothing happens after you click on it, then the Uninstall option is no longer available from the menu after you do it once.

Do I have to reset/reformat my machine to get rid of this mess?  Thank you for any help you can offer.

Question Info

Last updated August 21, 2019 Views 31,347 Applies to:

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear you are having trouble.  To uninstall Office from the Store, got to Settings - Apps - Apps & features - Microsoft Office Desktop Apps - Uninstall.  

If for some reason the machine is in a bad way and you need to be more aggressive about the uninstall.  From a PowerShell command line.

"(Get-AppxPackage -Name Microsoft.Office.Desktop).Dependencies | Remove-AppxPackage"

then 

"Get-AppxPackage -Name Microsoft.Office.Desktop | Remove-AppxPackage"

That will typically throw an error if everything is already removed. 

Then to verify that it is indeed removed, this command should return nothing. 

"(Get-AppxPackage -Name Microsoft.Office.Desktop).Dependencies"

98 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.