Hi folks. We recently released a series of updated builds for the May feature update. Here are the latest release dates and version numbers:
- On 7/21/16, we released 16.0.6965.2069. Bug fixes only
- On 7/12/16, we released 16.0.6965.2066. Security updates and bug fixes.
- On 6/30/16, we released 16.0.6965.2063. Bug fixes only
- On 6/14/16, we released 16.0.6965.2058. Security updates and bug fixes.
- On 6/03/16, we released 16.0.6965.2053, which includes fixes and a new feedback icon in the upper-right corner of Office 2016 apps.
- On 5/25/16, we released 16.0.6965.2051 (described below), which is a preview of the May feature update.
Today, we started rolling out a preview of our May 2016 feature update to Office Insiders. To get the update immediately, click File > Account > Update Options > Update Now.
Here's what's new in this release:
- Improvements to Get & Transform: In Excel, it's now easier to create a query using options from the new Online Services category, including connectors for SharePoint Online and Exchange.
- Send messages anytime: If you use Skype for Business, you'll no longer receive "this message can't be delivered" notifications when you send a message to someone who is offline. Instead, you'll see this:
- More efficient online meetings: In Outlook, you can now pre-load attachments to Skype for Business meetings so that you can get started immediately. The attachments will show up in the meeting window automatically when the first participant
joins the meeting.
For more information about new features, see What's new and improved in Office 2016 for Office 365.
Please take a look and let us know what you think!
The Office Insider team