On January 11th, 2017, we released our monthly Insider Slow feature update for Office Mobile, version 17.7766.
If you don't already have the update, you can download it here:
What's new in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
New features include the following:
- Make your pictures pop: Add Shadow and Reflection to enhance pictures in your documents, workbooks, and presentations.
- Use Your pen to select and change objects: Now, you can use the Surface pen in Word to grab object handles to resize, rotate, move, and more.
- Open more files: You can now open many more types of files in Excel. For example, you can open files that contain form controls.
What's new in OneNote
This month, we have a big update for OneNote, with many top-requested features:
- Notes with style: Keep a consistent look across your notes when you use built-in styles for headings, quotes, code, and more.
- Insert space: Your page is full of notes, but you can add extra space in the left margin or the middle of the page with the magical Insert Space tool.
- Format painter: Magically copy your bold, italic, underlined, purple, 18 point, Lucida Sans formatting from one heading to another. Think of the time you'll save!
- Choose how you paste: When you paste, you can keep the original formatting, paste just the text, or paste as an image.
- Background pictures: Set a picture as the background of your notes so you can type right over it. This allows you to type over forms, or annotate pictures.
- Open multiple notebooks: Quickly open multiple notebooks to get to your content faster. Just tap the notebooks you want and open them all at once, rather than one-by-one.
- Show or hide authors: See other authors’ initials next to their changes in a shared workbook, or hide the initials for a cleaner look.
- To check or not to check: Turn off the Check Spelling option when you just don't need it.
- Set your defaults: You know what you like. Pick your favorite font, size, and color to use as the default for new notes
For a running list of new features, see What's New in OneNote, Word Mobile, Excel Mobile, and PowerPoint Mobile.
Not yet an Office Insider?
If you want to get early access to new features, opt into the Windows Insider Program. As a Windows Insider, you'll automatically receive Office Insider updates for the Office Mobile apps.
How to give feedback
We're interested in any and all feedback! Reach out for support any time by doing any of the following:
Post with detailed description of issue in the Office Insider Community
Tweet a description of your issue and the version you're using to @Microsofthelps
- In Word, Excel, or PowerPoint, tap File > Feedback. In OneNote, tap the [ ≡ ] icon in the upper left, and then tap Feedback.