On behalf of the Office Insider team, I’d like to welcome you to the new Office Insider for Mac community! We've put together a short Q&A for those who are new to the program.
How do I join the Office Insider for Mac program?
If you haven't signed up yet, here's how you do it:
- Open an Office 2016 for Mac application.
- Click Help > Check for Updates.
- In the Microsoft AutoUpdate dialog box, select the Join the Office Insider program to get early access to new releases check box.
What can I expect as an Office Insider?
- If you're a subscription customer, you'll get early builds with new features, bug fixes, security updates, and performance enhancements.
- If you're a non-subscription customer, you'll get early bug fixes, security updates, and performance enhancements.
How do I get new Office Insider for Mac builds?
If you've signed up already by selecting the Join the Office Insider program to get early access to new releases check box, you're all set. When we release update to Insiders, we'll let you know here in the community and also on the new Office Insider (@OfficeInsider) Twitter handle. In general, though, you'll get Insider updates the same way you get any other Office 2016 for Mac update--just a bit earlier than everyone else.
How do I give feedback?
You can do that in whatever way you feel most comfortable. Here are a few options:
- Let us know right here, in the Office Insider for Mac community.
- Ask a question on Twitter: Office Insider (@OfficeInsider).
- Send us a Smile or Frown from the upper-right corner of any Office 2016 for Mac application.
- Post a feature suggestion in one of these UserVoice sites:
Thank you for your interest and participation! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let us know.