Excel for Mac - insert pictures in headers & footers - available Now

We have great news about Excel for Mac!  With the latest Insiders Slow update, you can now insert and format pictures in headers and footers. This feature has been requested quite a lot, so we're happy that it's here now.  Just update to version 15.36 (170702) or greater and you'll be able to insert pictures in your headers & footers. 

In the latest Insiders Fast update, just go to Print > Page Setup to set custom headers/footers, or go to View > Page Layout View and click in a header or footer field.  Then look at the Header & Footer tab on the ribbon.  There's a "Picture" button which lets you insert any picture from your computer or you can format a picture that's already been added to your header or footer.

Please try it, and let us know if you have any concerns, problems, or suggestions.  Reply below to let us know what you think.  If you have other requests, please visit http://Excel.uservoice.com and tell us what you want. 

This is still just for Insiders Slow, but we hope to make it available for everyone soon.

Discussion Info

Last updated December 5, 2019 Views 17,921 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Works. Will take some getting use to. You have to format the header approx size you intend to, insert, the format height to match the header size. 

But thanks for adding it.

If my reply has helped, mark accordingly - Helpful or Answer
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.

Hey Phillip, I think it you meant to say: "thanks for remembering to put customers first and admit that a standard feature was forgotten in the Office 2016 for Mac development, which has now finally been reintroduced!" No? Well sorry then it was just me and the other users who could not remember that functionality not being a standard feature like the ability to save or edit a file.

But hey, they finally listened and got it sorted. The fact that only about 600 odd votes were casted on uservoice and that probably translated into no more than approx 200 users actually caring shows how little the average user cares or how poor the utilise the features. On the other hand it makes you wonder how many mac users use office for mac. Seems like Excel Monkeys still prefer HP, DELL and Lenovo, certainly is the case in my circle of colleagues and friends.

Time to look for the next community topic to get all huffy about ;-) Thank you and everyone else for driving this!

Dan

We have great news about Excel for Mac!  With the latest Insider's update, you can now insert and format pictures in headers and footers. This feature has been requested quite a lot, so we're happy that it's here now.  Just update to version 15.36 (170608) or greater and you'll be able to insert pictures in your headers & footers. 

In the latest Insider's update, just go to Print > Page Setup to set custom headers/footers, or go to View > Page Layout View and click in a header or footer field.  Then look at the Header & Footer tab on the ribbon.  There's a "Picture" button which lets you insert any picture from your computer or you can format a picture that's already been added to your header or footer.

Please try it, and let us know if you have any concerns, problems, or suggestions.  Reply below to let us know what you think.  If you have other requests, please visit http://Excel.uservoice.com and tell us what you want. 

This is still just for Insider's, but we hope to make it available for everyone soon.

From spain, the latest version of Excel today is 15.35... and still wait this news...

You know how is possible upgrade to v. 15.36???

Thanks in advance

You need to start any Office 2016 for Mac application, and then select Check for Updates on the Help menu. Check the box to Join the Office Insider program.  Then check for updates and you should be offered to get the Insider's update.  You can read more about the Insider's program here.

Thanks Steve, but I know how to upgrade my Office App's.

Obviously, I do this, run Microsoft Autoupdate,  before write to you...

And today there aren't any upgrade for me and my office 365...

You know when is the upgrade available for Spanish users?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Phillip, I think it you meant to say: "thanks for remembering to put customers first and admit that a standard feature was forgotten in the Office 2016 for Mac development, which has now finally been reintroduced!" No? Well sorry then it was just me and the other users who could not remember that functionality not being a standard feature like the ability to save or edit a file.

But hey, they finally listened and got it sorted. The fact that only about 600 odd votes were casted on uservoice and that probably translated into no more than approx 200 users actually caring shows how little the average user cares or how poor the utilise the features. On the other hand it makes you wonder how many mac users use office for mac. Seems like Excel Monkeys still prefer HP, DELL and Lenovo, certainly is the case in my circle of colleagues and friends.

Time to look for the next community topic to get all huffy about ;-) Thank you and everyone else for driving this!

Dan

Yes, I am aware they finally added it, and I am glad they have. The meaning of my comment was, that there is a difference in the way you have to resize the Graphic.

In 2011 you could just click on the graphic and change the size of the graphic.

In 2016 the only way is while you still in "Header" you click "Format Picture" or "Format Object" there is no way to click the Graphic because of the placement of behind the header, in 2011 it is in front.

It's okay. Just some getting used to the new way.

If my reply has helped, mark accordingly - Helpful or Answer
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.

Hi PAFEROL,

From your screen shot, it appears that you did not check the box to Join the Insider's Program. You need to check the box to opt into the program and choose to get the fast updates.

Thanks - Steve

YES!!!

The version appears when I select the Checkbox and choose to get the fastest updates.  I upgrade now my Excel and put in the header of the page the company logo.

I needed this upgrade to have a better pages in excel for my clients. I had lost this option, and now, here it is again! 

Good job!

THANKS Steve!!!!!  Of this grateful user Excel Mac (I take my hat off)

Have a nice day!!!

Best wishes

And my sincere congratulations to the team of Excel developers!!

At last, its back. Thank you Microsoft. We just now need a good VBA editor.