• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

Question

15.37 Insider update has broken all of my office suite

JHanten asked on

I was on the Insider Fast Update program and the update today I think it was 15.37.00 has broken all my office suite.  The updater has no other updates.  As far as I can tell the update has to have broken a shared file for all Office programs.

Part of the error I get when it fails to open is:

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: @rpath/libmip_upe_sdk.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/Microsoft Outlook.app/Contents/Frameworks/mso99.framework/Versions/A/mso99
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
/Applications/Microsoft Outlook.app/Contents/Frameworks/mso99.framework/Versions/A/../../../libmip_upe_sdk.dylib: code signature invalid for '/Applications/Microsoft Outlook.app/Contents/Frameworks/mso99.framework/Versions/A/../../../libmip_upe_sdk.dylib'

/Applications/Microsoft Outlook.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libmip_upe_sdk.dylib: code signature invalid for '/Applications/Microsoft Outlook.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libmip_upe_sdk.dylib'

Is there a way to roll back or do I just have to wait for another update and hope it fixes my issue?

I just found an existing thread for this (without a fix, but sorry for the duplicate post)

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_officeinsider-mso_mac/mac-outlook-insider-fast-build-1537-crashes-on/5009c05b-6cd7-4cd2-826a-ff9b4abb7225

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

1 person had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Michelle V [MSFT] replied on

Hi JHanten,

So sorry for the inconvenience here. Our engineering team just released a new build with the fix in Version 15.37 (170706). Please update and let us know if this solves the issue.

Thank you!

Michelle V.

Office Team

Be the first person to mark this helpful

Abuse history

progress