Insiders: Embed Fonts Now Available to Insider Fast Users in Mac PowerPoint

Dear PowerPoint Insiders,

We heard you loud and clear, and are super excited to announce the Embed Fonts feature to PowerPoint Insider Fast users!

In response to the #1 UserVoice request in PowerPoint for Mac, back in February, we announced the capability of rendering the embedded fonts in the presentations you received. Now, we’ve completed the scenario by allowing you to embed fonts in your own presentations, so that the content fidelity is preserved on any machine and the decks can render exactly as how they were authored.

This Mac PowerPoint feature has been enabled to Office 365 subscribers in the Insider Fast community against build 16.16.180718 and higher. Note: If you don't see it right away, you may need to restart your PowerPoint.

To give it a try, you can follow the steps below

1.      Go to Preferences -> Save

2.      Select the target file in the file picker

3.      Check "Embed fonts in the file" checkbox

Then, upon saving the file, the font(s) should be embedded.

We’d love your feedback, so please let us know how you think. To get in touch, do any of the following:

·        Inside the app, select the Send a Smile icon in the top-right of the app

·        Respond to this post or tweet at @OfficeInsider

Cheers!

Lishan, on behalf of the PowerPoint Feature Crew

Discussion Info

Last updated April 19, 2019 Views 3,336 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Oh guys. You made my day!

Really useful every time you must send your slides somewhere and you can't go for a PDF because you will be losing some cool animation. 

Thanks!

You made my day too !!!

Thank you so much (I am thrilled to test it and I will share the great news with my community).

I'm up to date with the latest version on my Mac... tried auto update and manual update, but I only get up to build 16.15.... not 16.16.... I'd love the embed fonts option... hw on earth do I get this 16.16 build if the Microsoft updater can't find it?

Oh... hang on... (HAHA)... just looked at this again, having removed my Angry Eyes :P 

Whats this 'Insider Fast Users' Wizards Club then? lol

This is great news. When it's rolled out to EVERYONE it will be brilliant! Thank you.
Does this mean that if you embed fonts in a PPT deck on a PC and send it to a "Fast Users" Mac user, they will be able to see the fonts you embedded in their presentation? Currently this does not work for me.
My Office 365 for Mac has not being updated to this version. I am really upset with this. It seems Microsoft does not consider us a client as good as windows clients. 

Hi,

This is great.

Currently it looks like it only supports .ttf & .ttc font files.

It would be great if this could support .otf? Unless i'm missing something.

Thanks 

What is the insider fast community? Does that mean not everyone gets this feature? I dont have an update for my PP. Im still running on 16.15

YEAH!!!!!! This is an amazing and useful update! Thank you for listening to your users!

Open powerpoint, go to Help > Check Updates > Check "Join the Office Insider program..." change the drop down to "Office Insider Fast" and click check for updates. It will pop up.